Your reception area: How office furniture impacts on the presentation of your business
- Author Sarah Haines
- Published July 11, 2011
- Word count 374
We all know the importance of office furniture when deciding what image you want your business to project to visiting clients. Even the style can make a difference, formal and traditional or modern and funky? So where does it have the biggest impact? Possibly the most important part of your premises is your reception area; this is what your clients see first.
So what are the most important things in your reception area?
A nice big reception desk, there are a few reasons why it should be bigger than the other desks in your office. You want your visitors to know where to go for help when they arrive and a big, bold reception desk will give them that message loud and clear. Your receptionist will also most likely be expected to multitask quite often in the role and plenty of space can help them to stay organised. Reception desks come in several different shapes; an L shape is often popular as it allows the receptionist to separate their roles efficiently, using one section for working at the computer and paperwork, while keeping the more visible section clear and ready for greeting your visitors.
The receptionists chair needs to be a good one, not least because it needs to be comfortable for long periods of time. More than anyone in your business, you need your receptionist to be constantly at their post in case of unexpected visitors. A good, comfy chair will help to make that more likely. Consider back support as well as the seat itself.
Visitors seating areas are not present in all office reception areas. It is a considerate touch if visitors will be waiting in reception to give them somewhere to sit. Be creative here and make sure you chose chairs that reflect the nature of your business. What suits your business best? Remember think modern and funky if that suits you business, but perhaps not for an accountancy firm! Dont let yourself down in this area, tired and broken chairs are hardly going to give your visitors the impression you want.
Making the right office furniture choices will pay dividends when clients visit. Enjoy yourself, how often do you get to have a day out of the office shopping!
Shopping for office furniture can be great fun. It's one of the many topics effecting UK businesses that Sarah Haines enjoys writing on.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 3 Tips on Updating Your Resume in the Wake of COVID-19
- A Guide to the Four Basic Functions of a Motor Starter
- What is the need of hiring a professional photographer?
- The Importance of Brand Messaging for a Successful Website Redesign
- Closed Captioning Services: All You Need To Know About It
- Personal Branding Tips to Boost Business Success
- How to Create a Powerful Corporate Brand
- The Importance of Building and Maintaining a Good Credit Rating
- Does Your Website Need a Content Makeover?
- An Introduction To IPTV
- 5 things to consider before you buy a multifunction printer for the office
- 6 Website Must-Have’s for Small Businesses
- Secrets to Creating a Visual Brand Identity That Sets You Apart
- 7 Crucial Elements to Building an Effective Personal Brand
- Planning to Start A Cafe? Know What Types Of Furniture Will Work!
- Is Jealously the Biggest Culprit in Thwarting Your Business Growth?
- Less is More......
- How Can a Business Select an Excellent Venue to Hold Conferences, Company Parties, and Other Business Events
- 10 Superstar Networking Tips to Grow Your Business
- Why Your New Program Launch Could Fail (And How to Prevent it)
- Eight top-notch companies with disappointing websites
- Grow your business in New Zealand with effective presentations
- How to Gesture-AKA; What do I do with my hands?
- Membership Suite Plus: The Customizable Online Course/Training Platform
- The Importance of Having a Crisis Communications Plan in Place for Emergency Management for Business
- CB radio or "citizens band" radio is the perfect medium range communications tool
- 4 Ways to Grab the Attention of Your Audience
- 3 Myths about Why People Can’t Change
- What Makes A Nice Digital Edition?
- Do you Care Enough to Know What You Have To before Hiring a Translation Agency?