Any Volunteers For The Next Presentation?
- Author Milly Sonneman
- Published October 10, 2011
- Word count 476
Your boss calls. "Any volunteers for the next presentation?"
Right? If you're like most of the people on this planet, volunteering to present in front of a group is not on your 'must-do' list. So, hiding under a rock and slinking down in your seat may be your first urge. This is the first thing that pops into your head.
But wait. This could just be force of habit.
If it is, here's a taste of what you are not saying:
"Oh Yes! I'll do it! This is an opportunity for me! This is an opportunity to communicate my point of view. This is my chance to shine."
Sure, you still dream about being the leader. But you're hiding out in a cave. You're hiding behind habitual words.
Hiding in the cave of "NOT ME" is a really bad idea.
It's habits like these that guarantee you won't get noticed. And you won't move ahead in your career.
You know what leaders do to get ahead? Presenting ideas!
You know what you need to do to get ahead? Presenting your ideas!
So, let me ask you a question.
Haven't you had enough with spinning your wheels, working like crazy but not being recognized? Isn't it time to kick these two words "NOT ME!" out?
Fire them. Toss them out. Hey, while you're at it - torch them.
Why do these five letters "N-O-T-M-E" have so much power? Why is it so easy to keep wrapping yourself in the chains of these five letters?
Between you and me, it's just plain and simple. Force of habit.
This is how you stay in the background. It's how you guarantee no one will think of giving you a promotion. It's a rock solid recipe for a dead-end career.
Even if you are brilliant. Even if you are the very best person for the job. If you don't get comfortable giving presentations, no one will know you exist.
"NOT ME" is how you stay the victim.
"NOT ME" is how you stay in the sidelines and never get a promotion. "NOT ME" is how you paint yourself into a corner - and go nowhere.
So instead of risking all that pain and suffering, get ready. One of the easiest and fastest ways to get ready is to watch videos and get comfortable with the skills of presenting. You can watch free videos on You Tube.
But, as I often say, you get what you pay for. There's only a certain amount of insight and practical tips you'll get for free. If you want to really hardwire your skills and transform your career, get professional training.
Get the skills and tools you need so you can jump up the next time your boss calls out, "Any volunteers?"
It's time to take your own destiny in your hands.
Milly Sonneman is a recognized expert in visual language. She is the co-director of Presentation Storyboarding, a leading presentation training
firm, and author of the popular guides: Beyond Words and Rainmaker Stories available on Amazon. You can find out more about our courses or contact Milly through our website at: http://www.presentationstoryboarding.com/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 3 Tips on Updating Your Resume in the Wake of COVID-19
- A Guide to the Four Basic Functions of a Motor Starter
- What is the need of hiring a professional photographer?
- The Importance of Brand Messaging for a Successful Website Redesign
- Closed Captioning Services: All You Need To Know About It
- Personal Branding Tips to Boost Business Success
- How to Create a Powerful Corporate Brand
- The Importance of Building and Maintaining a Good Credit Rating
- Does Your Website Need a Content Makeover?
- An Introduction To IPTV
- 5 things to consider before you buy a multifunction printer for the office
- 6 Website Must-Have’s for Small Businesses
- Secrets to Creating a Visual Brand Identity That Sets You Apart
- 7 Crucial Elements to Building an Effective Personal Brand
- Planning to Start A Cafe? Know What Types Of Furniture Will Work!
- Is Jealously the Biggest Culprit in Thwarting Your Business Growth?
- Less is More......
- How Can a Business Select an Excellent Venue to Hold Conferences, Company Parties, and Other Business Events
- 10 Superstar Networking Tips to Grow Your Business
- Why Your New Program Launch Could Fail (And How to Prevent it)
- Eight top-notch companies with disappointing websites
- Grow your business in New Zealand with effective presentations
- How to Gesture-AKA; What do I do with my hands?
- Membership Suite Plus: The Customizable Online Course/Training Platform
- The Importance of Having a Crisis Communications Plan in Place for Emergency Management for Business
- CB radio or "citizens band" radio is the perfect medium range communications tool
- 4 Ways to Grab the Attention of Your Audience
- 3 Myths about Why People Can’t Change
- What Makes A Nice Digital Edition?
- Do you Care Enough to Know What You Have To before Hiring a Translation Agency?