What Work Can be Done With a Vacuum Truck?
- Author Christopher M. Hunter
- Published November 22, 2011
- Word count 605
The vacuum truck is a complex yet fairly inexpensive solution for transporting waste, sludge, and other material. For the few years, there has been a growing demand for this type of suctioning apparatus. Looking at some major industries that are using this gigantic transport mechanism will help show the usefulness of this particular piece of equipment.
The powerful vacuum capacity that is packed into this one vehicle is usually the answer to the very demanding tasks of many industries. The high-powered machinery found in this type of service uses a centrifugal compressor that has the ability to generate high air flow with either vane or positive displacement pumps. Though both have a relatively lower air flow, they can create a high suction level, which is ideal for suctioning heavy sludge material and deep pulling requirements.
Types of Usage
Following are some examples of where these machines are being used:
• Waste Water Removal – Immediately following a huge storm or after a natural disaster such as heavy rains, this massive vehicle can be seen pumping water out of sewers. At this point, there are two factors that should be taken into account: power and capacity. While power is very important in the speed of emptying water out of the sewage lines and drains, capacity is also necessary as the tank should be large enough to hold large amounts of fluid for a short span of time.
• Horizontal Excavation – Common excavation may not be adequate for the particular type of work that is planned. In a normal area, excavating can be fast and easy for surfaces that require vertical digging; horizontal digging is more challenging. The only option in the latter case is to use vacuum trucks. The main sought-for characteristic in this instance is its power, since in most situations that require horizontal digging, there is a need to dig through rocky surfaces or very rough terrain.
• Public Works – Local municipalities have frequent urgent demands for this powerful vehicle. It is used for tasks such as pumping water from sewers or cleaning the streets. It can also be equipped with several other useful options. For example, it can be used in the clean-up phase of one of the city’s underground repair projects by removing a huge amount of waste material around and under the clay aeration pipes. Yet another use may be transferring sludge to the drying beds. This vehicle is specifically designed with powerful pressure for unloading purposes; it is also equipped with a special fan nozzle in the discharge valve so that with a pressurized tank, when opened it will ensure a rapid and thorough sludge transfer.
• Oil Fields – Raw oil products must be extracted more efficiently. Nevertheless, there are times when these machines break down as a result of the rugged nature of the work being done. Because of a constant demand for the vehicle and for the necessity for uninterrupted oil extraction, instead of waiting for the repair of an oil rig to be completed, a vacuum truck can be used to perform the oil extraction. Though the vehicle may not be as effective as compared to an oil drilling machines, this course of action does allow a business to have a continuous production of oil until the original apparatus is restored to its full function.
Knowing the usefulness of a vacuum truck in various types of businesses is a good reason to get this powerful pumping equipment for the cleaning needs and other industrial needs of a business. Do not wait too long, purchase a vacuum truck now and discover exactly what can be done with a vacuum truck!
Christopher M. Hunter is an expert in commercial specialty trucks. To find out more about Vac Trucks for Sale, go to the main website at:http://www.vacuumtrucksales.net.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Benefits of Leasing a Van or Truck for Your Small Business
- Vehicular Performance - Miles vs. Hours
- IFTA Calculation through ELD and Fleet Management
- MA 1080 – Telematics wonder by Matrack
- How to reduce Driver Detention?
- Transition from AOBRD to ELD
- The Truck Drivers of the Future - Millennials
- Combating Cargo Theft
- How to find a good trucking company?
- Customise Your Ute With Ute Storage Drawers
- 5 Significant Factors You Should Consider Before Renting a Vehicle
- Do You Need a Truck Rack?
- Self-Driven Vehicles Testing Guidelines Tightened
- Driver Buddy The Latest Technology in Driver Management.
- 5 Reasons to Begin a Career as a Truck Driver
- Buying A Used Forklift
- Increased Fatality Rates Due to Commercial Truck Rollover Accidents
- Train Air Horns Sound
- 6 fascinating facts about Caterpillar
- The world’s biggest and deepest mines
- Featured Equipment: Komatsu WA500-3 Loader
- How Cargo Vans Can Uplift Your Business
- Tax deductions to drive plant and equipment sales
- How to avoid truck blind spots
- How we remain safe on the road and you can too
- Hall of Fame celebrates our Aussie truckers
- The future of Australian mining metals: liquid natural gas
- Top 5 facts about the largest Caterpillar wheel loader
- Turbo Diesel Pick Up Trucks and Fuel Dilution Issues
- Truck Accessories-Many fix real troubles