Benefits of Ultrasounds During Pregnancy
- Author Maria Bronson
- Published January 15, 2012
- Word count 427
If you are pregnant you are probably eagerly anticipating the ultrasound scan. These private scans are completely safe for both you and your unborn baby and can provide an insight to your little one while in utero. A woman can have just one scan during the pregnancy or several, all of which can be determined by the physician. But private scans do so much more than offer a sneak peak at your baby.
Using a sonography machine to transmit high frequency waves through the stomach, a private scan offers a choice of 2D, 3D or 4D options however, it is rare that a 2D ultrasound be used thanks to the advances that produce clearer images of baby. It is up to the mom to decide which of these options she would like to have, as cost is also a factor to consider.
Regardless of which type of ultrasound private scan that you choose you will be able to clearly see the movements of the baby as well as his entire body. The more advanced ultrasounds may even show clear images of baby's face, fingers and toes. The scans can detect any abnormal features such as cleft palate that the baby may have or determine that a healthy baby is growing inside. Heart defects, gestational age and the position of the placenta are also reasons that an ultrasound may be required.
The most beneficial aspect of an ultrasound is the peace of mind that it offers to the parents. Seeing your growing baby inside and knowing that things are going according to plan is priceless, as is catching any problems as quickly as possible!
Doctors may use one of 7 different types of machines in order to perform the ultrasound, including transvaginal and a normal ultrasound using a Doppler machine and scanning it across the stomach. The type of instrument and ultrasound that will be performed will vary according to your desires as well as the birthing centre that you have chosen.
Ultrasounds do not cause any pain to mom or baby, though some women do complain that they can cause a bit of discomfort when using certain types of the ultrasounds. If you become uncomfortable or feel discomfort tell your doctor and another type can be used.
It is a wonderful time when you are expecting a baby, and now that you know the wonders that an ultrasound can do for you, you can rest more soundly the entire 40 weeks of pregnancy knowing that your baby is safe and sound inside, all thanks to the wonders of sonography.
For further information on pregnancy, well being and private scans, visit Ultrasound Direct who provide pregnancy scans across a number of clinics throughout the UK.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Secure Pregnancy with pregnancy prediction horoscope free
- An Economic Solution to America’s Abortion Dilemma!
- How CBD May Interact With Birth Control
- Midwifery Annual Congress 2019
- Gender Reveal Party Ideas With Color Powder
- So You Don't Sleep Well During Pregnancy? Read This Tips!
- The Naked Truth Now Exposed! "You Are Not The Only Person Concerned About The 5 Fat And Pregnant Childbirth Defects?"
- What is Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopic Surgery Methods - Simpler Operations
- Can You Take Tums While Pregnant?
- A List Of Healthy Food To Eat While Pregnant
- Making a Wise Choice with Free Printable Baby Shower Games
- PUPPP Treatments
- About PUPPP
- What is PUPPP?
- Different Baby Bottle Nipples
- Different Baby Bottle Brands
- Tips To Help You Enjoy Your Pregnancy!
- 5 Nutritional Foods to Eat When Pregnant
- How to Prepare for First Pregnancy
- 3D vs 4D Ultrasound
- Thermometers and Babies
- Pregnancy Naturally
- Finding a Fertility Doctor in the Greater Olathe Area
- Find a Missouri Fertility Clinic to Get Help Starting Your Family
- Get Pregnant With a Boy - It Is Possible To Conceive a Boy
- How An Abortion Pill Works
- Diet to Conceive a Boy - Ensure You Have A Baby Boy
- Issues to Consider with Egg Donation in Overland Park
- My View on Home and Water Birth As a Father and How I Prepared
- The Wonderful Benefits of Pre- and Postnatal Massage