UK Property: Have you ever thought about down-sizing?
- Author Rebecca Smith
- Published January 17, 2012
- Word count 347
If you’ve ever thought about down-sizing this could be the answer. This modern home is perfect for one person or a happy couple.
The 27m3 house has everything you need; a lounge with a table and two chairs, a 1.2 metre-wide double bed, a full size shower and a kitchen.
The kitchen has an energy efficient fridge, an induction hob, a cooker hood, a sink with drainer, a combination microwave oven and storage cupboards.
There's even a washing machine and a self-composting toilet.
The lounge has a comfortable sofa and writing desk.
Plus, there's a flat screen TV so you can watch your favourite movies.
And the large picture window lets in plenty of natural light.
If you're keen to protect the environment, you simply can't go wrong.
The house is built almost entirely from sustainable materials.
The interior designer used birch plywood to decorate the walls, whilst exterior walls are a contrasting sweet chestnut.
Cork floor tiles are fitted as standard and lighting is ultra-efficient LED.
Ceilings are a lofty 2-metres high.
Make money from your investment
Your new home will save you a fortune in electricity bills.
The walls and roof have solar panels which provide plenty of energy for your own use.
Any you don't use you can sell back to the national grid - giving you an estimated return on investment of £1,000 a year.
Even better, your new home is portable...
If you get fed up with your current location or are relocated through work, you can just take your house with you.
The developer Dr Mike Page showcased the house at the Edinburgh Science Festival and said; "It is surprisingly comfortable".
But there is one drawback...
Due to the economic climate he has yet to set a launch date.
The good news is - I do have plenty of completed properties, ready to move in to.
I even have some student accommodation that is smaller than this!
But it does pay a 10.2 percent guaranteed rental return.
If you are interested drop me an email and I will send you all the details.
Rebecca Smith is a real estate journalist and author with over 15 years experience. She has published several books to date, including:http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- A Bobcat
- Photographs that displays emotions not just poses!
- Funny Short Stories
- Funny Christmas Stories to Share with Your Loved Ones
- Chapter 11-- Summer of '70
- Chapter 4 --1st grade
- Top Nerd Girlfriend Freakouts
- Funniest Show Touches the Heart of Everyone
- Easy Ways To Get Whiplash Claim And Compensation
- Winnie the Pooh Quotes and Nothing Else
- One liners funny like never before
- Humor Column: The Only Blues You Should Be Playing is B.B. King
- Confessions of a cross-stitcher
- Hanging with a clock collector
- He's a Mustache Machine!
- Funny Sayings and Messages
- Secrets Behind a Successful Comedy Podcast
- Stand up comedian funny podcasts are dominating Internet radio
- Free comedy – The Smartest Way to Locate the Funniest Video Clips Online
- Los Angeles Stand Up Comedians on the Move
- The Best Free Comedy Podcasts and Comedy Radio Online
- Find the Best Free Comedy in Los Angeles
- Um.... Excuse me?
- Harmless Pranks That Can Lighten The Mood
- Funny Christmas Traditions
- Top Resources To Learn How To Draw Caricatures
- Funny Tshirts In Times Of Reality And Fashion Sense
- What Makes a Good Joke
- Where One Can Put There Funny Videos