Winnie the Pooh Quotes and Nothing Else
- Author Karisma Sand
- Published December 25, 2011
- Word count 427
"Here is Edward Bear coming downstairs now, bump, bump, bump on the back of his head, behind Christopher Robin. It is, as far as he know, the only way of coming downstairs, but sometimes he feels that there really is another way, if only he could stop bumping for a moment and think of it".
I've come across this quote from Winnie the Pooh twice in the last month, which got me thinking about why it is we keep on doing the same thing even if we repeatedly get the same negative result. Is it because we don't know what else to do? How often have you heard someone saying, "What else can I do?" If you ask them the question "What else could you do?" they often reply very quickly, "Nothing, I don't have any choice", or "There is no other way".
We can automatically shut off any thought of doing something different or differently because it would mean getting out of our comfort zone, and the thought of that can be worse than constantly doing something that produces little of what we want but is familiar.
But what if you allowed yourself to think about doing something else instead of bemoaning the fact that you're not having much luck? For instance, if you're looking for work via the internet and keep getting rejected, is it worth going to networking meetings or even considering a change of career? If you keep trying to get fit by going to the gym and it's not working, is that because you've picked the wrong exercise? Could dancing suit you better?
Whatever the issue, as they say in NLP "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got. If what you are doing is not working, do something else". Like Winnie the Pooh, you may know there is another way, which means you've taken the first step; becoming aware. The next thing to do is allow yourself to think about the alternatives, then take some action; take that first step - preferably not bumping downstairs on your head.
Today, Pooh's popularity remains unchanged. Disney created a televised series presenting the adventures of Pooh and his friends. Children continue enjoying the manner in which the little bear gets into trouble and manages to always find the perfect solution.
Winnie the Pooh has even entered adult territory. In 1982, the book "The Tao of Pooh" came out. Pooh is used as an allegory, making it easy for members of Western society to understand the philosophy of Taoism.
For more quotes visit Winnie The Pooh QuotesArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Sweetest Gift: Why You Should Continue Giving Hickeys Even After Growing Up
- Online editor for photo retouching Pixelmaniya is one of many, but not the same as all
- 9 Dentistry Jokes That Are Sure to Make You Smile
- Hilarious Jokes That Can Make Your Dental Visits More Fun
- Gangs of the Lake.
- Call Me Chuck.
- Mirror, Mirror, On the wall...
- A Bobcat
- Photographs that displays emotions not just poses!
- Funny Short Stories
- Funny Christmas Stories to Share with Your Loved Ones
- Chapter 11-- Summer of '70
- Chapter 4 --1st grade
- Top Nerd Girlfriend Freakouts
- Funniest Show Touches the Heart of Everyone
- UK Property: Have you ever thought about down-sizing?
- Easy Ways To Get Whiplash Claim And Compensation
- One liners funny like never before
- Humor Column: The Only Blues You Should Be Playing is B.B. King
- Confessions of a cross-stitcher
- Hanging with a clock collector
- He's a Mustache Machine!
- Funny Sayings and Messages
- Secrets Behind a Successful Comedy Podcast
- Stand up comedian funny podcasts are dominating Internet radio
- Free comedy – The Smartest Way to Locate the Funniest Video Clips Online
- Los Angeles Stand Up Comedians on the Move
- The Best Free Comedy Podcasts and Comedy Radio Online
- Find the Best Free Comedy in Los Angeles