The Top 10 Lawn Service Pet Peeves of Long Island Homeowners
- Author Kevin Godberson
- Published March 2, 2012
- Word count 724
In the past 18 years I have been in business I have listened to what clients had to say about weekly lawn service on Long Island: "My landscaper doesn’t do this and doesn’t do that". I understand completely what they are talking about. There are a lot of landscape companies out there but you need one that’s good for you.
Hi, I’m Kevin Godberson, owner of Godberson Landscaping and I’d like to let you in on a little secret. NO… not all landscaping companies are created equal! So, here’s a handy checklist to help you choose the right one for your home.
Licensed and Insured - These two items are the most important to ask for from the very beginning. It’s crucial to protect your family and home from potential law suits. The contractor should carry a license for the county in the areas they work in.
References - I would first ask for references from clients they have done work for in the past. You should also as a background check consider looking up your contractor using your local Better Business Bureau. This will tell you what you really need to know.
Local Service - You need to be certain that the company is either local or services homes in your area. This will insure that your lawn service will be taken care of on time every week.
Scheduled Day of Service- You should be assigned a specific day of the week for service. On this day we ask that your sprinklers be turned off, your gates be unlocked and if company is expected on that day we can kindly reschedule your service for another time. Rain however will push the schedule back a day and if that happens don’t hesitate to ask when service will be completed.
Years Established in Business – Always ask the landscape company how many years they have been in business doing the line of service you’re asking for. This will insure you that they have been around for a reason and must be doing good work. You would want a company who has been doing this type of work for at least 6 years or more.
Weekly Lawn Service - Cutting of all grass areas, edging all grass borders with trim line, carting of all grass clippings, removal of all curbside weeds and complete blow down of all pathways, patios, decks and driveways. The above are the main tasks to be completed with a weekly service program.
Forman on Property- There should always be a foreman on the job. This will insure the proper job is getting done as well as targeting other concerns within your property. Communication between you and the service company is a good starting point to address all your landscaping needs. Monthly check ups or a call in from your company will show you that they really care about your property.
Lawn Damage - To avoid any damages to your lawn the crew must be experienced machine operators. Scalping and ruts in the lawn should not be tolerated and this will happen servicing a wet lawn. Be sure that you do not water on the day they come for service.
Gates – This is a big one for all clients with pets. "Please be sure my gates are locked so Max my dog will not get out. " We love our pets and your landscaper should close gates every time. Gates should be self locking and in good working conditions.
Contracts and Billing – A formal contract defining all the services should be written in detail of what will be performed each week. With a contract there won’t be any misunderstandings as to what should or shouldn’t be done. The payment terms should be in the contract describing the method of payments. Monthly billing is always best as clients are normally going about their busy lives during the day. Be clear on the contract services and payment terms and all will run smooth.
Now you have all the items to look for when hiring a Long Island landscaper. Review the above items with the landscape company at the time of the interview. If their contract has the above you are on the right track to finding a great landscaper. Always remember that: Not all landscapers are created equal.
Kevin Godberson is Founder and President of Godberson Landscaping – a landscaping design and maintenance company that has been transforming yards for Suffolk County homeowners from boring to beautiful since 1991.For more landscaping tips visit us online at www.godbersonlandscaping.com.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Your Ultimate Guide To Adding Plants To Your Pond
- A Few Steps To Get Your Fountain Running Efficiently This Spring
- The Basics of Aquatic Plants
- Selecting the Right Tree Shape for Your Space
- What’s Included In The Cost To Install A Fence?
- Few Landscaping Facts That Most People Don’t Know
- 3 Steps to Choosing the Correct Lawn Grass: Perth Landscapers Advice
- How to Deal with Patchy Grass Issues: Perth Landscaping Design Advice
- 6 Tips to Protect Water Bores: Perth Expert Advice
- Adding a Water Feature to Your Lawn
- 4 Reasons To Do Winter Landscape Construction
- Landscaping Services Perth: Hardscaping Design
- Adding Colour to Landscape Design Perth
- Best Nail Polish and Makeup Remover
- How Can I Find the Pool Design Expert?
- Taking Care of a Pool in Arizona
- Swimming Pool Construction Services in NJ
- Reticulation Installation by Perth Retic Experts
- Reticulation Services in Perth by Professionals
- The Best Experts for Landscape Design NJ
- Top Watering Tips
- Custom Pool Contractor in New Jersey
- Looking for Inground Pool Professional in New Jersey?
- Salt Water Pool System Installation
- Best Professional Technicians for Swimming Pool Construction
- Best Inground Swimming Pool Services
- Importance of Pool Landscaping Design
- Gunite Pool Company Surprised You by Stunning Pool
- A Guide to Perth Water Days
- Why You Should Hire an Expert Pool Installation Contractor for Build Pool?