Does Swapping Out A Super Chip With A DP Tuner Really Provide Worthwhile Power Gains?
- Author Clay Note
- Published February 17, 2012
- Word count 448
Abso-frickin-lutely! If you check the Ford Truck forums then you have probably read a lot of really good reviews about the DP Tuner. If you’re just getting into Powerstroke Mods, then switching from a Superchip to DP Tuners will definitely get you more power in standard acceleration as well as with tow performance. After all, DP-Tuner is regarded as one of the top Ford diesel truck tuning companies in the world.
One of the most common reasons diesel truck owners even start looking at chip upgrades is because they get tired of their trucks throwing codes during hard acceleration and high EGT’s in tow situations. Power Stroke owners prefer the DP Tuner because it resolves code issues while providing MUCH better performance in standard and towing capacities. You can get DP Tuner computer chip modules and transmission tuning for the Ford 7.3L diesel and 4.6L gas engines and Ford 7.3L Diesel, 6.0L Diesel, 6.4L Diesel, 4.6L Gas, and 6.6L Duramax engines.
If you’re new to chip upgrades it’s easy to get overwhelmed by the variety of options that can help optimize your Ford Powerstroke’s performance. So, how do you know what tunes are right for you?
There are several factors that go into setting the right tunes for your truck and depending on your specific needs you can always speak with Jody or James at DP Tuner before you purchase.
Some of the key factors involved in determining which tunes are right for you will be:
- Do you have gauges?
Monitoring EGTs is very critical and one of the most important parameters of a diesel engine especially when you are adding a chip and increasing fuel as this can increase heat.
- Do you have an aftermarket larger diameter exhaust?
This is important in helping get that hot exhaust out quicker and keeping EGTs manageable, you may want to check into the bellowed up-pipes that I have written about previously.
All of the DP Tuner programs have detailed info beside them but most people only have a basic need for the programs. For instance the DP Tuner F6 Chip Module on the fly SMART Chip is a tow tune, or even two tow tunes for dedicated towing as well as an economy program for daily driving, non towing and a performance program for maximum performance.
Choose the tow program that best represents your towing weights. I would not suggest the 140 programs for maximum performance if you have a stock high pressure oil pump as you will not see full benefit and your truck may actually perform worse than a with 100 hp or 120 hp program due to the demands on the high pressure oil pump.
There are no posted comments.
- Benefits of Leasing a Van or Truck for Your Small Business
- Vehicular Performance - Miles vs. Hours
- IFTA Calculation through ELD and Fleet Management
- MA 1080 – Telematics wonder by Matrack
- How to reduce Driver Detention?
- Transition from AOBRD to ELD
- The Truck Drivers of the Future - Millennials
- Combating Cargo Theft
- How to find a good trucking company?
- Customise Your Ute With Ute Storage Drawers
- 5 Significant Factors You Should Consider Before Renting a Vehicle
- Do You Need a Truck Rack?
- Self-Driven Vehicles Testing Guidelines Tightened
- Driver Buddy The Latest Technology in Driver Management.
- 5 Reasons to Begin a Career as a Truck Driver
- Buying A Used Forklift
- Increased Fatality Rates Due to Commercial Truck Rollover Accidents
- Train Air Horns Sound
- 6 fascinating facts about Caterpillar
- The world’s biggest and deepest mines
- Featured Equipment: Komatsu WA500-3 Loader
- How Cargo Vans Can Uplift Your Business
- Tax deductions to drive plant and equipment sales
- How to avoid truck blind spots
- How we remain safe on the road and you can too
- Hall of Fame celebrates our Aussie truckers
- The future of Australian mining metals: liquid natural gas
- Top 5 facts about the largest Caterpillar wheel loader
- Turbo Diesel Pick Up Trucks and Fuel Dilution Issues
- Truck Accessories-Many fix real troubles