MICEP hosted Professor Dr. Daniel G. Fuchs as Guest Speaker
- Author Dr. Daniel G. Fuchs
- Published October 12, 2012
- Word count 494
Mique International Conference and Event Planners (MICEP) hosted Professor Dr. Daniel G. Fuchs, Professor of Business Studies and International Hospitality Expert and Consultant, as Guest Speaker on "Globalization in the International Hospitality & Tourism Workplace", held at the Megatrade Conference Center in Manila on August 10, 2012.
Globalization has enhanced the diversity experienced in the hospitality and tourism industry because of its multicultural nature. Hospitality and Tourism involves the movement of people from their usual surroundings, either within the country or internationally.
The Hospitality and Tourism sectors present unique opportunities to understand new cultural experiences for both, employees and the tourists. It is important for the personnel to understand and appreciate different cultures to enhance the nature of their interactions with tourists of different cultures, religions, races, colors, ages and genders. Workplace diversity not only facilitates easy understanding of different cultural, social and economic perspectives but also enhances the delivery of satisfactory services through communication and observation.
Workplace diversity in the hospitality and tourism sectors is enhanced through visions that promote equal employment opportunities to cater for the different nationalities in this very challenging industry sector. As such, businesses in this industry need to establish organizational policies that encourage intercultural activities such as cultural educational programs, forums, seminars and workshops. Businesses also should employ organizational structure that comprise of people from different regions and races and spread key appointments to qualified staff from across the board.
Professor Dr. Daniel G. Fuchs says: "It is vitally important for young aspiring hospitality professionals to understand the demands placed upon them in an ever changing fast paced diverse workplace. Moreover to understand what international employers are looking for in their future talents that they wish to acquire will help young people to be better prepared and focus more and ultimately be able to obtain the career of their aspirations".
In an increasing multicultural working environment, we have to realize and use education for cultural diversity as an opportunity to add value to the education process through the creation of more dynamic learning outcomes within the Hospitality and Tourism Workplace. Education for cultural diversity means an education which aims to educate people equally and help people get along with each other peacefully. The purpose of this is to ensure, that the Hospitality and Tourism Industry has the right people to grow and perform at the top and that all sectors within the industry are working together on the issues, that will influence the performance in this industry.
In conclusion, the problems in our global economy have impacted tourism and hotels worldwide and yet, expansion has not ceased completely. It has been noticed, that the trend today is to expand towards the Pacific Rim countries, such as Malaysia, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Thailand and the Philippines. Employees across the tourism and hospitality sectors need to be appropriately skilled and able, through the application of their expertise, to contribute to the growth and development of a sustainable, productive and profitable tourism and hospitality industry.
I am a Swiss national who has been residing in Thailand for 12 years, yet traveled globally on short assignments and consulting projects. Born, raised and educated in Switzerland, with extensive American (north and south) and Asian hospitality industry and academic experience, make me an effective manager that is capable to bridge any cultural gap.
E-mail: email@example.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- A Guide to the Four Basic Functions of a Motor Starter
- What is the need of hiring a professional photographer?
- The Importance of Brand Messaging for a Successful Website Redesign
- Closed Captioning Services: All You Need To Know About It
- Personal Branding Tips to Boost Business Success
- How to Create a Powerful Corporate Brand
- The Importance of Building and Maintaining a Good Credit Rating
- Does Your Website Need a Content Makeover?
- An Introduction To IPTV
- 5 things to consider before you buy a multifunction printer for the office
- 6 Website Must-Have’s for Small Businesses
- Secrets to Creating a Visual Brand Identity That Sets You Apart
- 7 Crucial Elements to Building an Effective Personal Brand
- Planning to Start A Cafe? Know What Types Of Furniture Will Work!
- Is Jealously the Biggest Culprit in Thwarting Your Business Growth?
- Less is More......
- How Can a Business Select an Excellent Venue to Hold Conferences, Company Parties, and Other Business Events
- 10 Superstar Networking Tips to Grow Your Business
- Why Your New Program Launch Could Fail (And How to Prevent it)
- Eight top-notch companies with disappointing websites
- Grow your business in New Zealand with effective presentations
- How to Gesture-AKA; What do I do with my hands?
- Membership Suite Plus: The Customizable Online Course/Training Platform
- The Importance of Having a Crisis Communications Plan in Place for Emergency Management for Business
- CB radio or "citizens band" radio is the perfect medium range communications tool
- 4 Ways to Grab the Attention of Your Audience
- 3 Myths about Why People Can’t Change
- What Makes A Nice Digital Edition?
- Do you Care Enough to Know What You Have To before Hiring a Translation Agency?