Easy steps on how to build your Email marketing list
- Author Jack Gavin
- Published October 23, 2012
- Word count 543
The end goal of internet marketing is to build a steady stream of traffic to your web site in order to attract more business. Building a growing list of customers is important especially when you begin your email marketing campaign. You need a list of people to whom you can send your email based marketing collaterals. Usually, one of the basic ways of building a list of email addresses is by using a squeeze page. People who decide to opt in your list basically gives you permission to accept any promotional emails from you. But a squeeze page alone will not be enough to give you a hefty list of email addresses that you’ll need. You need to make sure that what you’re doing is the right thing at the right time.
Follow these easy steps that will help you build that list:
Make the squeeze page. I’ve mentioned the squeeze page already but just to stress its importance a squeeze page is a great way to start building your email marketing list. Just make sure that you clearly state why people should opt in to your list. State the benefits of signing in and keep the content brief. The aim is for them to sign in and that’s what you should focus on. Don’t distract them with useless content or attempt a sales pitch for your products or services.
Cut down on graphics. Your squeeze page should not be overwhelmed by various graphics. The focal point of the page should be your message to visitors, not any kind of fancy graphics. Remember, opting in is the main goal here.
Opting in should be a simple process. Make subscription to your site a worry-free, straightforward affair – your visitors will thank you for it. A handy opt-in box that can be easily found and clicked on is the best way to do it. Don’t make them hesitate for one bit, make clicking that box as easy as possible.
An incentive will make them want to click. Let’s face it, any visitor will be more inclined to do what you ask them to do if they know that they can get something out of it. An incentive for joining your subscription is a sure way to make visitors join, and it’s also a great way to make these visitors tell other people about your site. The free incentive, especially if it is enticing enough, will compel people who click on your opt in box tell their friends about it. In a way, your free incentive pays for itself in the form of more people in your email marketing list.
Establish an auto-responder. Make the people who opt in to your site feel especially welcome by immediately sending them a "welcome" email. They will feel more special and valuable. Try to include whatever it is you promised them in the email. An auto-responder can be set up in order to automate this task for you.
Use the power of Social media sites and forums. Social media sites and forums are filled with literally millions of people. Use this virtual population to highlight your site so that you can mine more visitors who will opt in to your site.
There are no posted comments.
- Powerful business email with MDaemon Messaging Server
- Email Marketing By Spoken Communication
- MDaemon Messaging Server - a business email server for Windows
- How to Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold
- Avaya Users Email List - Avaya Users Mailing Data - B2B Technology Lists
- Autodesk Users Email List - Buy AutoDesk User List - B2B Technology Lists
- Actuate Users Email List - Actuate Users Mailing List - B2B Technology Lists
- Email etiquette nightmares we could all do without
- Microsoft Outlook problems like freezing, corrupt PST, Profile, Add-in, and so forth
- Print to Mail Automation for Corporate Businesses.
- Get Reliable Solution to Wipe Out Hiccups Related To Hotmail
- B2B Mailing List | B2B Email List | B2B Data List-B2B Leo
- VMware Users Email List-B2B Leo
- How to Download AOL Desktop Gold?
- Automail: Commercial Printing, Mailroom Automation, and Beyond
- Why Disaster Recovery Solutions is Unavoidable?
- E-delivery is the Green Step to Business Success
- How important is Automail System for B2B Communications?
- How to prevent e-mail attacks
- Can social media replace email marketing?
- QuickLock - A Disruptive New Office Technology?
- Don’t Let Your Email Ruin Your Chances: Professional Email Etiquette
- Top 5 Email Marketing Strategies
- Increasing Email Productivity with Gmail Filters
- 7 Subject Line Tricks to Get Your Emails Opened
- How To Make Your List More Responsive
- Lead Capture Systems – Getting More Customers
- Do’s and Don’ts when sending email
- Do More with Your Email with the EverDesk Email Client