Can Speedy Oil Change Service Stations Be Reputable?
- Author Carson Ngoun
- Published November 27, 2012
- Word count 526
Many people either don't have the time or the know how to change their own oil so they end up going to those fast oil change service station. But are these motor oil change places on the up and up? In this article, I am going to concentrate on why it isn't a good idea to go to these places and why you should find a regular mechanic instead.
I am sure you know that every car has certain rules of thumb about when certain services should be done. You have appointed upkeep for things like air filter change or an oil change. Still have you really looked over the owner's instructions for your car? I can pretty much guarantee whenever you look through the owners manual of your car you will find that your oil doesn't need to be changed every 3,000 miles like all those oil change places tell you. Actually if you happen to look in your book you may find that you only need to change your oil every 6,000 or even 7,000 miles. So, as you think of it, these quick oil change places are lying to you so they can take your money.
If you study the owner's manual, you should also see the moment you should get the air filters changed. In my case, it is advised that I change my car's air filter every two years or if it's all clogged up. In my situation, the air filter continued to looked okay after four years but I opted to change it anyway just in case. However, these quick oil changes would always tell me that I must have the air filter changed. Six months after I changed my personal air filter without any help, I took my car to one of these oil change places and I was told that my air filter needed to be changed. They alleged that the air filter was starting to discolor which meant that it would start clogging at anytime. When I told them that I had just changed it a few months previous, they then told me it needed to be replaced in another six months or so.
What bothered me was that they initially informed me that the filter had to be changed. Then when I told them about the new air filter, they changed their reply. This just shows how shady and evil these people are.
There's once where these folks changed my transmission fluid. This seems like they're going to tell you that your transmission fluid should be changed everytime you visit. This one time I authorized these people to do it. Then about 3 months later when I made it back for an oil change they told me my transmission fluid was grimy and needed to be changed. After that, I never went to these businesses again.
We've since located an honest mechanic and I don't bring my cars any place else anymore. One thing that I uncovered is most employees who work at these quick oil change places are not certified to fix cars, they just know how to con people. While an authorized mechanic has gotten the proper education.
This awesomely gifted author provides interesting resources about used cars salesArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Professionals Can Do The Best Job Of Overspray Removal at Just Like New Overspray Removal Inc.
- Innovative lightweight products to change industry dynamics for air brake systems
- 4 Essential Car Repairs to Avoid Future Problems
- Some Important Reasons for Investing in Tubeless Tyres
- Why It Is Important to Maintain Your Car Brake System Regularly
- Breakdown Recovery – How to Choose Your Optimal Car Recovery Solution
- Car Sound System: How to Get Better Sound Quality Without Replacing It
- 11 ultimate Guide about how to take care of your Car And Maintenance Tips
- Let's Make Your Old Car New Again
- Tips On How To Maintain Your Vehicle
- 4 Ways to Pump up Your Vehicle's Power
- Your Search for the #1 Engine Test Stand Ends Here
- Want to know to adjust the speed of wipers?
- Save Big with Easy-Run’s Fall Special!
- Tire Maintenance For Optimal Tire Life
- Beware Tires Expire
- The Heart of Your Car’s Ability To Keep You Warm - The Heater Core And it too can suffer from clogged arteries and stop working.
- Two must-see tips for motorcycle maintenance
- Analysis of clutch failure
- Car fuel saving tips every driver should know
- Adjustment and maintenance of chain
- Auto Wheel Alignment the most misunderstood auto maintenance item?
- Use A Windshield Sunshade To Protect Your Vehicle!
- The True Cost of Ignoring Vehicle Maintenance
- Keeping The Cost of Automotive Ownership Down - Create A Winning Partnership
- Car Maintenance - Do It Yourself and Save Money
- Bug and Tar Remover to Keep Auto Paint Looking Like New
- Why Wrap Your Vehicle?
- Best Tips for Cleaning Your Wheels