The Wonderful Benefits of Pre- and Postnatal Massage
- Author Lara Reynolds
- Published February 11, 2013
- Word count 516
Women go through many marvelous changes during pregnancy, both physically and emotionally. The physical changes can sometimes become overwhelming especially during the first and last trimester. However, the pressures and strains may continue even after childbirth. Interestingly, studies show that physiotherapy or physical therapy is beneficial in the relief of muscular and skeletal pains, the prevention of urinary incontinence, and the strengthening of the body. A physiotherapy program includes exercises which are designed to treat problems related to obstetrics, pre natal massage and post natal massage, and professional advice on health care.
Benefits of Physiotherapy During and After Pregnancy
Carrying the weight of your baby for nine months is definitely not easy. A lot of pregnant women complain that they frequently experience back pains, neck pains, and pelvic pains. Urinary leakage is also a common problem not only during pregnancy but even after giving birth. Your physiotherapist will guide you through a series of pelvic floor muscle exercises and core stability training to prevent and treat these concerns during and following pregnancy.
Pre-natal massage and pelvic floor exercises are great for developing muscle strength and endurance which are essential especially if you will have a normal delivery. In addition, new mothers are often eager to get back in shape and lose all those extra pounds they gained. Post natal massage and pelvic floor exercises are recommended if you would like to achieve fitness effectively.
Seek the Help of the Experts
If you are pregnant, you will need to take extra care of your body to make sure that your baby would be healthy and strong. It is important to seek the advice and assistance of a health care professional before attempting to participate in any exercise program.
Who can help you? A certified physiotherapist who has acquired a degree in physical therapy and has completed extensive training can devise and deliver a safe and specialized program to meet the exact needs of an individual.
What Can You Expect from Your Physiotherapist?
Every woman’s body is unique and therefore needs special attention. Your physiotherapist would thoroughly study your medical history and health condition before making any recommendation. Your strength, flexibility and balance would also be assessed in order to know which exercises are suitable and safe for you.
The specific details of the program should be clearly explained as well as the purpose and the benefits of each step. You should feel comfortable and relaxed in the environment where you will be provided treatment.
Generally, the pre-natal and post-natal treatment, each focuses on different concerns. For instance, the pre-natal program is designed to prevent musculoskeletal pains, prevent or treat incontinence and prepare a woman for labor. The program often includes advice on relaxation, breathing techniques, pre-natal massage and positions for labor.
Meanwhile, the post-natal program is designed to treat musculoskeletal pains, post-natal abdominal problems, and incontinence and involves post-natal massage and exercise routines.
New moms are also given advice on how to properly breast-feed and carry a baby. Last but not the least, each woman is guided well on how she can achieve and maintain fitness.
Lara Reynolds is a strong believer in hands on physiotherapy. At the moment, she is an active member of PhysioActive, an organization established in Singapore in 2006 with the goal to provide high quality physiotherapy, podiatry, post natal, pre natal massage and other rehabilitation services.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- An Economic Solution to America’s Abortion Dilemma!
- How CBD May Interact With Birth Control
- Midwifery Annual Congress 2019
- Gender Reveal Party Ideas With Color Powder
- So You Don't Sleep Well During Pregnancy? Read This Tips!
- The Naked Truth Now Exposed! "You Are Not The Only Person Concerned About The 5 Fat And Pregnant Childbirth Defects?"
- What is Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopic Surgery Methods - Simpler Operations
- Can You Take Tums While Pregnant?
- A List Of Healthy Food To Eat While Pregnant
- Making a Wise Choice with Free Printable Baby Shower Games
- PUPPP Treatments
- About PUPPP
- What is PUPPP?
- Different Baby Bottle Nipples
- Different Baby Bottle Brands
- Tips To Help You Enjoy Your Pregnancy!
- 5 Nutritional Foods to Eat When Pregnant
- How to Prepare for First Pregnancy
- 3D vs 4D Ultrasound
- Thermometers and Babies
- Pregnancy Naturally
- Finding a Fertility Doctor in the Greater Olathe Area
- Find a Missouri Fertility Clinic to Get Help Starting Your Family
- Get Pregnant With a Boy - It Is Possible To Conceive a Boy
- How An Abortion Pill Works
- Diet to Conceive a Boy - Ensure You Have A Baby Boy
- Issues to Consider with Egg Donation in Overland Park
- My View on Home and Water Birth As a Father and How I Prepared
- Finding A Donor Egg in Kansas City