CB radio or "citizens band" radio is the perfect medium range communications tool
- Author Annette M. Cornish
- Published July 15, 2014
- Word count 453
A CB radio or "citizens band" radio is the perfect medium range communications tool. The average store bought 2 way radio usually operates on GRMS or FRS frequencies. These frequencies are limited to a few miles and are limited even further by buildings, tress, mountains and all obstacles. CB radios can obtain ranges up to 150 miles, sometimes more. CB's operate on a different frequency than traditional consumer radios which allows them to obtain these extended ranges and makes them a preferable communications tools.
Many people thought that CB Radios are extinct, but they're still here and widely used to date. They are very useful and the cost to buy one is quite cheap as compared to the price of cellular phones. There usually used in business, industries, personal use and many more other applications.
There are basically two types of CB radios; portable ones or stationary ones. The portable CB has a much smaller range due to a small antenna but operates wonderfully with a nearby Base station which has a long range. Many opt to buy a base station for use in the car since it has complete functionality and can be used with the antenna in their car or a separate antenna at home. Below are some examples of CB radios.
Whatever you decide, I hope you try the hobby of radio communication. It can be a great hobby you can share with family and friends. The real value is in the sharing and learning that you and your children will enjoy. It can spark interest in the electronics field, leading both you and the kids wanting to know more about the science and physics related to radios and how they work.
Almost all CB radios have a channel selector on its face and some kind of lighted indicator showing a number, generally 1-40 or 1 -23. The radios with 23 channels are older and unless you get one for really cheap or free, I would not purchase one of these units. There are alot of fine older units out there but for reasons Ill explain later, you should get a newer setup. If it doesn't make sense just read on it will all become very clear to you.
Supercb.com is a website where you can shopping any accessories of cb radio.SuperCB choices,There are three main types of CB radio setups. These are a Citizens Band Base Station, mobile in-vehicle units and handheld citizens radios. Handheld units can be very useful, but usually have more limited range than in-vehicle or base station radios, this is partly because they are lower power, and partly because they have much shorter antennae.
Good luck should you become involved. Have lots of fun and enjoy!
Many people thought that CB Radios are extinct, but they're still here and widely used to date. They are very useful and the cost to buy one is quite cheap as compared to the price of cellular phones. There usually used in business, industries, personal use and many more other applications.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 3 Tips on Updating Your Resume in the Wake of COVID-19
- A Guide to the Four Basic Functions of a Motor Starter
- What is the need of hiring a professional photographer?
- The Importance of Brand Messaging for a Successful Website Redesign
- Closed Captioning Services: All You Need To Know About It
- Personal Branding Tips to Boost Business Success
- How to Create a Powerful Corporate Brand
- The Importance of Building and Maintaining a Good Credit Rating
- Does Your Website Need a Content Makeover?
- An Introduction To IPTV
- 5 things to consider before you buy a multifunction printer for the office
- 6 Website Must-Have’s for Small Businesses
- Secrets to Creating a Visual Brand Identity That Sets You Apart
- 7 Crucial Elements to Building an Effective Personal Brand
- Planning to Start A Cafe? Know What Types Of Furniture Will Work!
- Is Jealously the Biggest Culprit in Thwarting Your Business Growth?
- Less is More......
- How Can a Business Select an Excellent Venue to Hold Conferences, Company Parties, and Other Business Events
- 10 Superstar Networking Tips to Grow Your Business
- Why Your New Program Launch Could Fail (And How to Prevent it)
- Eight top-notch companies with disappointing websites
- Grow your business in New Zealand with effective presentations
- How to Gesture-AKA; What do I do with my hands?
- Membership Suite Plus: The Customizable Online Course/Training Platform
- The Importance of Having a Crisis Communications Plan in Place for Emergency Management for Business
- 4 Ways to Grab the Attention of Your Audience
- 3 Myths about Why People Can’t Change
- What Makes A Nice Digital Edition?
- Do you Care Enough to Know What You Have To before Hiring a Translation Agency?