Success, Happiness and a More Meaningful Life
- Author June Stepansky
- Published June 24, 2019
- Word count 726
Achieving Personal Success
What is an important key to achieving personal success? Before this question can be answered, we must define what we mean by personal success. Many of us equate personal success with power and financial success, and indeed we must have enough self-esteem and enough financial security in our lives to feel confident that we are meeting our necessary responsibilities, but in my definition of personal success we must view our lives in all of its varied aspects. That means attention must be paid not only to our work and our careers, but also to our personal needs--health, recreation, personal relationships and growth. In today's fast paced environment, this takes a special commitment to dedicate ourselves to planning and balance.
Barriers to Success
There are often common barriers that block us from achieving success.Before we can examine these barriers, we must define which type of success we are seeking, because the two separate definitions of success demand different strategies and follow different paths. Financial and career success demand that we learn to work hard, pick ourselves up from our failures and continue to constantly do what is necessary to move forward toward our goals, making success the first priority in our lives and not allowing failure to deter us. If we make this choice then we can be confident that we will eventually succeed.
Success in one's personal life has a different path. Our own private needs and our personal relationships must then become part of our decision making process. These more personal decisions may take time and energy away from our drive toward our financial and career success. Each person must make his own decision as how to continue to move forward, but each decision that is made has its consequences. If we choose career success at any cost then the personal side of our lives may suffer. If we choose our personal success path, then we may make less money and feel perhaps a lesser sense of achievement in our careers. Therefore the barrier to achieving success is really our own conflict about these choices, and the difficulty in deciding what our choices should be. Once we make our decisions, we can then move quickly toward our selected goals.
Goal setting is an important part of achievement. There are two ways that we set our goals. One is outer driven and one is inner driven. The outer driven goals are the goals that others set for us. They may be set by our friends, our neighbors, the society in which we live or the prevailing values of our time. The second way we discover our goals is inner driven. It is an internal system which show us what we would like to personally achieve. It is this inner voice that whispers to us who we are and how we can achieve our unique potential. Before we can achieve our goals we must know ourselves well enough to know what goals we want to achieve, and be sure they are our own goals and not the goals that others have set for us. When we know what we really want to accomplish, it is then easier to take those steps which help us to achieve those goals.
How Can we Live an Extraordinary Life?
The extraordinary life is not so much about what a person achieves or what others think of him, but rather how he views his own life and his own achievements in terms of his loving relationships and his competence in adjusting to the difficult demands of living with strength and with dignity, so that he can say when he looks back over the passing years "I have been grateful for the gift of life. I have tried to continue to learn and grow. I have tried to have the courage to follow my internal honesty."This more examined life is an extraordinary life because it leads to more balance, more contentment and to the fulfillment of each individual's personal vision.
Leading Happier more Fulfilled Lives
Life is a marvelous, continuing journey. Every day is a challenging adventure with opportunities for new insights, growth and change. With thoughtful planning and good decision making skills we are more able to have some control over our days and to achieve that ultimate goal of leading happier, more fulfilled lives.
June Stepansky is a writer and poet who writes books and articles about happiness, self-improvement and social and political issues.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Benefits of having a great relationship with your Recruitment Consultant
- 5 Simple Ways To Prepare For Going Back To Work
- 14 Keys to Writing a Winning Resume For Church Jobs and Ministry Openings
- HOW SURFING SAVED MY LIFE
- What’s Beyond Post Graduate Studies?
- Wondering How to Make Money With YouTube?
- Your Guide to Getting Started in the Gig Economy Through Short-Term or Freelance Work
- Post-COVID Job Hunt And Hiring Practices
- First Steps to a Successful Career Change
- Take This Crap Off Your Resume If You Want An Interview!
- Guest Collaboration: How to thrive at a side gig (and eventually make it your only gig)
- Poor Salary Negotiation's Long-Term Ill Side Effects
- Should Students Consider Traveling & Does Travel On Your Resume Even Do Anything Effective?
- How The F$#% Do I Decline a Job Interview?
- 5 Factors to Organizational & Personal Success!
- How to Become a World Level Strategist by Playing One Board Game
- Transform your life in 60 days
- Avoid 10 Mistakes and You Will Change Your Life
- How to Beat Finals Week
- 8 ways to build the habit of success
- Online Resources for Today's Student
- Five Ways to Deal with Negative and Cynical People
- Imagination Fuels Imagination
- I Gave Myself a Black Eye Today
- What Is A Conscious Entrepreneur?
- A Success Formula in 10 Easy Steps
- Simple Solutions
- The Not-Me Syndrome