Effective Ways to Successfully Market Yourself
- Author Alexandra Gross
- Published June 18, 2022
- Word count 544
If you are looking for a new job, are seeking to make a career change, or grow within your current industry, marketing yourself is a skill everyone needs to master. By understanding the basics and noting a few important steps, you will be in a better position to take advantage of opportunities that you actively look for and those that come your way.
Know your niche. Focus on specifics within your industry and what makes you an expert. Think about the successes that you have had and where you see opportunities. Note areas where you have a deeper understanding of trends.
Define your goals. One of the most effective ways to successfully market yourself is to understand what your goals are. It is only then that you can create a plan and achieve what you set out to do. What do you like about your current position and where do you see growth? Create a list with measurable milestones and check off each one and they are accomplished. Soon you will be seeing a pattern of success.
Maintain an updated resume. Even if you are not currently job seeking, it’s a good idea to take a look at your resume and update it every year or when you have something new to add. This way, if the opportunity arises you are able to share your experience quickly and easily. Don’t worry if you feel that your resume is too dated or that you don’t know the current acceptable formats. Professional resume writing services put you in touch with experts that understand how to communicate your experience in a way that will attract the attention of hiring managers and Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS).
Be open to serving others. It can be hard to network and market yourself if situations don’t arise naturally. An effective way to market yourself and be one of the first people someone will call when they need an expert is to be a trusted advisor. For example, work with a local charity that has the support of larger corporate organizations and be involved with high-profile events.
Have a social media presence. There seems to be people that are on social media all day long and others that don’t want to participate at all. It’s important to be on platforms like Twitter, LinkedIn, and certain Facebook groups. This gives you the opportunity to be in touch with contacts of your contacts and expand your network beyond your immediate group. Comment on people’s posts that you would like to meet, sign-up for seminars, and reach out to new contacts that you feel you could help or learn from.
Have a human presence. The irony of needing a social media presence is that you also need a human touch. In-person interactions matter and sometimes synergies arise with people that you meet by accident. Join industry groups, a meet-up, attend trade shows, and schedule meetings with people that you are interested in talking to. Practice how you want to present yourself, what you are doing, and how you would explain the opportunities you are looking for. Some would call it an elevator pitch, but in simple terms it’s about communicating effectively and leaving that person wanting more.
Alexandra Gross is a freelance writer focused on sharing information on careers, entrepreneurship, and lifestyle topics. Her work has appeared on a variety of websites and blogs, including www.resumewritinggroup.com/.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Learn to ride an e-Foil (electric hydrofoil) in New York; access, inclusion, and benefits.
- Attitude is Key
- Ahamed Danial Al Fayed Presents "Vitore Bahir": A Soul-Stirring Bangla Song Album
- How to Harness the Law of Attraction with Cosmic Ordering
- Comfortable with Being Uncomfortable
- Susan Vail
- IS IT TOO LATE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
- How to achieve objectives
- 4 Ways an Attractive Smile Can Help Your Career
- How To Manifest Wealth & Happiness: The Secret Lies In Your Mind
- How to Find a YouTube Niche Channel Without Showing Your Face
- How to Build Your YouTube Channel from the Ground Up
- Cryptocurrency: The Ultimate Guide To Cryptocurrency And How To Make Money with it!
- Where can I get an HGV medical?
- Improving personal performance at work
- How a Great Smile Can Help Your Career
- The "Secret" Hiding in Plain Sight
- Charisma, Love And Health
- A little insight on change
- What is the Difference between C8 and C18 column in HPLC?
- The Benefits of having a great relationship with your Recruitment Consultant
- 5 Simple Ways To Prepare For Going Back To Work
- 14 Keys to Writing a Winning Resume For Church Jobs and Ministry Openings
- HOW SURFING SAVED MY LIFE
- What’s Beyond Post Graduate Studies?
- Wondering How to Make Money With YouTube?
- Your Guide to Getting Started in the Gig Economy Through Short-Term or Freelance Work
- Post-COVID Job Hunt And Hiring Practices
- First Steps to a Successful Career Change