RV Covers for Beauty and Protection
- Author Reggie Andersen
- Published February 9, 2008
- Word count 617
If you have an RV or motor home and you don't have an RV cover, you need one. An RV cover will not just help protect your investment from inclement weather and other wear and tear, but it will keep your investment looking good for a long time, too.
There are many different types of RV covers on the market, and what you'll want to use depends on the type of RV you have. If you just purchased your RV for the first time and you want to protect it from inclement weather during storage, then you likely want a basic polypropylene RV cover. These are great if you just want to put your RV into storage for a short time or if you are getting used to covering your RV because you haven't owned one before. These are probably the most universal types of RV covers, but remember that they are for short-term use only, especially when your RV is going to be stored inside.
Covers for when you're RVing on the road
If you plan to take your RV out and spend a lot of time in it, it might surprise you to know that you will also want to cover it when you're not driving it. Why is this so? Because even though your RV is built to handle bad weather or cold weather, you'll still need protection overnight, when you're sleeping in it. This is especially true for very wet climates or if you're going to be taking it up into the northern climates, where it gets especially cold.
These covers, too, are made of polypropylene. However, these are reinforced and not of the "all-purpose" types you find for simple coverage when your RV is in short-term storage inside someplace, like a garage. In addition, they have an extra outer layer to protect against weather. Some of the newer covers even have zippers on the side so that you can access the doors, which means that you don't have to keep putting the cover on or taking it off when you're not driving it.
If the weather you are going to be driving into is going to be particularly intense (or if you're going to be on the road for a long time and won't know exactly what type of weather you're going to get into), then you'll want to consider a Tyvek cover. A Tyvek cover will offer you the same type of easy "zipper" entry that a regular heavy-duty polypropylene cover will, but the Tyvek material will stand up well not only to all types of weather conditions, but to long-term exposure to sunlight as well. Therefore, for heavy-duty use and long-term use, consider investing in a Tyvek cover.
Whether you choose to cover your RV when you're using it or simply for storage, you'll need to invest in some type of cover to help protect your investment for the long term. The type of cover you'll use will depend on how you use your RV, and all of the different types are available online. Even if you want to purchase your RV cover offline, you can still do a good deal of research online first. If you're going to be using your cover mostly for storage or occasionally in mild weather conditions, then it's likely that a simple polypropylene cover will do. However, if you intend to use it in heavy-duty weather conditions or if you will have long exposures to sunlight, then you'll want to consider heavier duty polypropylene reinforced material or Tyvek material. Whichever you choose, the cover will protect your investment for the long-term, so that you can enjoy it for years to come.
There are no posted comments.
- Professionals Can Do The Best Job Of Overspray Removal at Just Like New Overspray Removal Inc.
- Innovative lightweight products to change industry dynamics for air brake systems
- 4 Essential Car Repairs to Avoid Future Problems
- Some Important Reasons for Investing in Tubeless Tyres
- Why It Is Important to Maintain Your Car Brake System Regularly
- Breakdown Recovery – How to Choose Your Optimal Car Recovery Solution
- Car Sound System: How to Get Better Sound Quality Without Replacing It
- 11 ultimate Guide about how to take care of your Car And Maintenance Tips
- Let's Make Your Old Car New Again
- Tips On How To Maintain Your Vehicle
- 4 Ways to Pump up Your Vehicle's Power
- Your Search for the #1 Engine Test Stand Ends Here
- Want to know to adjust the speed of wipers?
- Save Big with Easy-Run’s Fall Special!
- Tire Maintenance For Optimal Tire Life
- Beware Tires Expire
- The Heart of Your Car’s Ability To Keep You Warm - The Heater Core And it too can suffer from clogged arteries and stop working.
- Two must-see tips for motorcycle maintenance
- Analysis of clutch failure
- Car fuel saving tips every driver should know
- Adjustment and maintenance of chain
- Auto Wheel Alignment the most misunderstood auto maintenance item?
- Use A Windshield Sunshade To Protect Your Vehicle!
- The True Cost of Ignoring Vehicle Maintenance
- Keeping The Cost of Automotive Ownership Down - Create A Winning Partnership
- Car Maintenance - Do It Yourself and Save Money
- Bug and Tar Remover to Keep Auto Paint Looking Like New
- Why Wrap Your Vehicle?
- Can Speedy Oil Change Service Stations Be Reputable?
- Best Tips for Cleaning Your Wheels