Car Wash Systems
- Author Eric Morris
- Published November 7, 2006
- Word count 313
Over the years, since the first car wash Automated Laundry in 1914, automated car wash bays have developed into an immense number of systems, each competing with the other for profits and customer satisfaction. The U.S. has 66,000 fixed car wash bays and 12,000 mobile car wash units – Full-Service, Drive-Through, Coin-Operated, Flex-Service, Quick-Service and Mobile-Operated car washes are only a few in the competitive market. But all the categories can be classified under four basic systems, roughly termed as self serve, drive through, roll over and full service.
The most basic, of course is the self-serve car wash, where you coin-operate the system yourself and choose the cleaning functions for your car. These use timers to shut off water and soap after a particular time and charge extra for more water. But people don’t very often find space and time to go for self service and hence, the drive-through car wash bays have become the most popular systems in the country. These systems are operated by conveyor belts, and the cars go through different stages of cleaning, like rinsing, soaping, waxing and drying, at particular points in the conveyor.
The rollover systems are found next to gas stations and use unique electronic equipment that sprays water, detergent and wax over the car without using any brushes. The most expensive is the full-service system, which uses both electronic and hand car wash systems to give your car a thorough cleaning, both inside and outside. While your car passes through the conveyor belt, men flit in and out of your car at regular intervals to clean its interiors as well. This system also includes what is popularly known as the detail shop, which washes the car using machines or men before the employees polish and wax the car using a buffer. This is an extremely effective car wash system, as it takes off even small scratches.
There are no posted comments.
- Professionals Can Do The Best Job Of Overspray Removal at Just Like New Overspray Removal Inc.
- Innovative lightweight products to change industry dynamics for air brake systems
- 4 Essential Car Repairs to Avoid Future Problems
- Some Important Reasons for Investing in Tubeless Tyres
- Why It Is Important to Maintain Your Car Brake System Regularly
- Breakdown Recovery – How to Choose Your Optimal Car Recovery Solution
- Car Sound System: How to Get Better Sound Quality Without Replacing It
- 11 ultimate Guide about how to take care of your Car And Maintenance Tips
- Let's Make Your Old Car New Again
- Tips On How To Maintain Your Vehicle
- 4 Ways to Pump up Your Vehicle's Power
- Your Search for the #1 Engine Test Stand Ends Here
- Want to know to adjust the speed of wipers?
- Save Big with Easy-Run’s Fall Special!
- Tire Maintenance For Optimal Tire Life
- Beware Tires Expire
- The Heart of Your Car’s Ability To Keep You Warm - The Heater Core And it too can suffer from clogged arteries and stop working.
- Two must-see tips for motorcycle maintenance
- Analysis of clutch failure
- Car fuel saving tips every driver should know
- Adjustment and maintenance of chain
- Auto Wheel Alignment the most misunderstood auto maintenance item?
- Use A Windshield Sunshade To Protect Your Vehicle!
- The True Cost of Ignoring Vehicle Maintenance
- Keeping The Cost of Automotive Ownership Down - Create A Winning Partnership
- Car Maintenance - Do It Yourself and Save Money
- Bug and Tar Remover to Keep Auto Paint Looking Like New
- Why Wrap Your Vehicle?
- Can Speedy Oil Change Service Stations Be Reputable?
- Best Tips for Cleaning Your Wheels