Outlook Prompts to Start in Safe Mode
- Author John Peter
- Published December 14, 2009
- Word count 428
A Microsoft Outlook PST file is prone to several errors that can corrupt and make it inaccessible as a result. General errors are unexpected shutdown, network vulnerabilities, large PST size and virus infection. The Microsoft Inbox Repair Tool is a built-in utility that can solve and repair corruption issues associated with Outlook Personal Folder (.pst) file. But if the damage is of high extent, the tool might fail to correct it. Thus, it is required that you should restore the lost data from the most recent backup available. If this is not feasible or you find it invalid too, commercial tools can help to Repair PST. These tools come integrated to scan the damaged PST file using efficient algorithms.
To illustrate, consider you use Microsoft Outlook for email management. You might receive the below error message when trying to open the application:
"Outlook encounters a problem while opening, starting the program in safe mode may solve the problem although some functionalities may be disabled in this mode, Start in safe mode? YES or NO?"
Clicking ''NO' to the error message hangs Outlook, however, when you click 'Yes', it gives another error and the application fails to launch.
Outlook can fail to open with similar error messages, as above, due to following reasons:
1-PST is quite large to be opened by Outlook. In Outlook 97-2002, the default size-limit of PST to increase is 2 GB. Outlook might find it problematic if file size goes beyond this value.
2-A third-party application is integrated to access Outlook data
3-PST is corrupted
To troubleshoot the existing issue, you need to follow these methods:
1-Check PST size. If it appears to be file-size issue, use Microsoft Crop utility to truncate the file. You should backup the file prior to apply the tool as it can delete some email messages and other contents.
2-Try to disable the application accessing Outlook resources and data
3-If these measures fail, the PST might be corrupted. Run Inbox Repair Tool (Scanpst.exe) to try isolating the corruption errors:
1-Click Start | Find (or Search)
2-Type scanpst.exe in 'Search for files or folders' named box
3-Open Inbox Repair Tool by double-clicking the file icon
4-Specify the PST file path or click Browse to locate it
5-Click Start and the repair process will start
6-Quit the tool after it finishes
If the damage is large enough that Inbox Repair Tool cannot fix it, use a third-party PST Repair Tool to repair and restore it efficiently. These are powerful tools to Repair PST and prove competent to maintain its integrity.
Author have more than 6 Year of Experience in Computer field, member of Internet Marketing Society, has Specializing in Pst Repair Software. For More Information visit http://www.repair-outlook-pst.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Powerful business email with MDaemon Messaging Server
- Email Marketing By Spoken Communication
- MDaemon Messaging Server - a business email server for Windows
- How to Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold
- Avaya Users Email List - Avaya Users Mailing Data - B2B Technology Lists
- Autodesk Users Email List - Buy AutoDesk User List - B2B Technology Lists
- Actuate Users Email List - Actuate Users Mailing List - B2B Technology Lists
- Email etiquette nightmares we could all do without
- Microsoft Outlook problems like freezing, corrupt PST, Profile, Add-in, and so forth
- Print to Mail Automation for Corporate Businesses.
- Get Reliable Solution to Wipe Out Hiccups Related To Hotmail
- B2B Mailing List | B2B Email List | B2B Data List-B2B Leo
- VMware Users Email List-B2B Leo
- How to Download AOL Desktop Gold?
- Automail: Commercial Printing, Mailroom Automation, and Beyond
- Why Disaster Recovery Solutions is Unavoidable?
- E-delivery is the Green Step to Business Success
- How important is Automail System for B2B Communications?
- How to prevent e-mail attacks
- Can social media replace email marketing?
- QuickLock - A Disruptive New Office Technology?
- Don’t Let Your Email Ruin Your Chances: Professional Email Etiquette
- Top 5 Email Marketing Strategies
- Increasing Email Productivity with Gmail Filters
- 7 Subject Line Tricks to Get Your Emails Opened
- How To Make Your List More Responsive
- Lead Capture Systems – Getting More Customers
- Do’s and Don’ts when sending email
- Easy steps on how to build your Email marketing list
- Do More with Your Email with the EverDesk Email Client