How to Solve 0x800C013E Error in Outlook Express?
- Author Mohit Mathur
- Published December 18, 2009
- Word count 408
Each Outlook Express email folder that you see listed in Local Folders is stored with .dbx file extension on the hard disk, for example, Sent Items.dbx etc. All these folders are then collectively stored in Store Folder. Sometimes, DBX files might get damaged or corrupted for reasons like unexpected shutdown, antivirus scanning and others. If a suitable backup is available, you should restore from it or rename the damaged folders. The corrupted OE folders can be repaired using commercial Email Recovery solutions that are exclusively built to repair such OE folders.
To exemplify, consider you use Outlook Express as your email client to send and receive email messages. You might receive the similar error when trying to send an email message:
"Unknown error has occurred. protocol smtp, port 0, secure (SSL) NO, error number 0x800c013e
Server:'mail.yourdomain.com', Protocol POP3, Port:110, Secure (SSL): No,
Error Number 0x800C013E."
You cannot send the message after you receive this error. Trying to reproduce the behavior with different sized emails doesn't help also.
The error can also appear when you try to access your email account or Inbox.
Error 0x800C013E can occur in these cases:
1)An antivirus application is scanning and interrupting with the way OE deals with email message
2)Mail server port number or email account issues.
3)Sent Items.dbx and/or Inbox.dbx is damaged.
You can solve the existing issue by using these measures:
Disable and uninstall the antivirus application scanning the OE mail folders
Check for the correct port number as Tool | Accounts | Account Properties | Advanced
Try to recreate your email account and see if this helps.
Locate and rename the corrupted OE mail folders (Inbox.dbx and/or Sent Items.dbx). Restart Outlook Express and new empty folders will be created.
Outlook Express doesn't provide any built-in utility to repair the damaged DBX files. So, to repair them and extract data from, you are recommended to use DBX Recovery solutions. These utilities serve as perfect Email Recovery products incorporating advanced scanning algorithms to diagnose and repair damaged OE files.
Stellar Phoenix Outlook Express Recovery is a comprehensive mail recovery tool designed to repair corrupted DBX files created with Outlook Express 5.x and 6.x. It is an advanced and read-only DBX Recovery software designed to use effective scanning algorithms. It can also repair *.eml messages that can be directly opened and viewed in Outlook Express.
For more details please visit:- http://www.outlookexpress-recovery.com/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- MDaemon Messaging Server - a business email server for Windows
- How to Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold
- Avaya Users Email List - Avaya Users Mailing Data - B2B Technology Lists
- Autodesk Users Email List - Buy AutoDesk User List - B2B Technology Lists
- Actuate Users Email List - Actuate Users Mailing List - B2B Technology Lists
- Email etiquette nightmares we could all do without
- Microsoft Outlook problems like freezing, corrupt PST, Profile, Add-in, and so forth
- Print to Mail Automation for Corporate Businesses.
- Get Reliable Solution to Wipe Out Hiccups Related To Hotmail
- B2B Mailing List | B2B Email List | B2B Data List-B2B Leo
- VMware Users Email List-B2B Leo
- How to Download AOL Desktop Gold?
- Automail: Commercial Printing, Mailroom Automation, and Beyond
- Why Disaster Recovery Solutions is Unavoidable?
- E-delivery is the Green Step to Business Success
- How important is Automail System for B2B Communications?
- How to prevent e-mail attacks
- Can social media replace email marketing?
- QuickLock - A Disruptive New Office Technology?
- Don’t Let Your Email Ruin Your Chances: Professional Email Etiquette
- Top 5 Email Marketing Strategies
- Increasing Email Productivity with Gmail Filters
- 7 Subject Line Tricks to Get Your Emails Opened
- How To Make Your List More Responsive
- Lead Capture Systems – Getting More Customers
- Do’s and Don’ts when sending email
- Easy steps on how to build your Email marketing list
- Do More with Your Email with the EverDesk Email Client
- Email Marketing - Personalize It or Not?
- Email Marketing Software – Choosing the Best One!