eBay Selling Secrets Revealed
- Author Paris Anderson
- Published March 18, 2010
- Word count 738
The first thing you need to do to become a part of the eBay money making scene, is to start selling on a part time basis by doing this you can start earning a bit of income whilst you are ingesting all the articles and ebooks that will help you on your way.
It is not going to come to you in a dream, or whilst under the shower, how you can work eBay properly, you are going to have to do a bit of work. Read plenty of articles and websites. Purchase and read the available eBooks. You can learn something from them all!
Anyway, here are the basics but the more you learn the better:
For your ebay business, you will need internet access and a product to sell. Don't worry If you don't have a product. You can start by selling old or odd items from your home like most people do. Others go to garage sales and pick up great deals, then sell them on Ebay. Some purchase from companies that offer low prices and discount deals.
Here are the top 10 eBay Selling Secrets you should know:
You need to make sure that there is a need for the item that you are selling. Run a search for your item and see how many items turn up from the search. Check other auctions for similar items and note how well and at what price they are selling.
- List your item in the right category!
There are categories for the items to be put up for sale on eBay. The purpose of this is to have an organized tracking system for the products for sale. It is an eBay selling secret to put your item in exactly the right category where it belongs. If it's not placed correctly, people searching that specific category will not see it.
- Keywords and descriptions are critical!
It is very important to use appropriate keywords to describe your product. Be genuine and precise in your descriptions. Your descriptions are critical to avoid any future problems or potential returns by buyers.
- Put photos in your listings
It is an eBay selling secret to always use photos of the products during auctions. Photos lead to more sales than those that don't have photos.
By having a photo of the actual item, more buyers may take up interest. This eBay selling secret also helps to build more trust between you and the buyer.
- Make the Buying process Easy! Sign up for PayPal!
Signing up for PayPal is another eBay selling secret that will gain you more buyers for your item. By making it easy to pay for, people tend to be inclined to buy on the spur of the moment.
- List your items during "Hot Time" buying Periods!
It is an eBay selling secret to time your auction so that it ends during peak buying times.
Here's a reference:
Eastern Time Zone, list your auction between 9pm-11pm
Central Time Zone list between 8-10pm
Mountain Time Zone between 7-9pm
Pacific Time Zone list between 6-8pm.
By keeping to these Hot Time buying periods, your products will get much more exposure and you will see more sales.
- Make an "About Me" Page or better yet, create a Website!
Having an "About Me" page in eBay is an eBay selling secret which let potential buyers get to know you. Having a website is an even better way to promote yourself. The more proffesional looking, the better.
- Positive Feedback is Important
Having positive feedback is a necessary eBay selling secret. eBay buyers look at your feedback ratings before even thinking about buying from you. To get positive feedback, make sure you give good customer service and always be prompt and friendly.
- Decrease Postage and Shipping Costs!
Don't underestimate or overestimate your shipping costs. It is an essential eBay selling secret to be prepared and to determine its costs beforehand.
- Don't put any ad that would scare your potential buyers away!
Never put Reserve Prices and Buy-it-Now in your product listing. Instead of getting buyers, you'll more likely scare them away. These ads can cause you to lose money on an item. It is an eBay selling secret to get buyers who'll keep bidding at your products.
Following these eBay selling secrets will alone help you become a successful eBay seller but don't forget - learn, learn, learn
Paris Anderson is a member of SAG and webmaster of www.allsitecafe.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Ten Questions to Ask a Listing Agent
- 5 Types of Stairs to Suit Your Dream House
- Organizing Estate Sales For Higher Profits
- Taking the Best Advantage of Free Classified Sites
- Online Classified Ads - The Benefits
- The Basics of Estate Auctions
- Top 5 Essential Motorhome Accessories
- Never ending market of pharmaceutical companies explored by MR
- Charity Auctions Still Deliver for Fundraising
- Effective Free Classifieds Advertising for Business Success
- Rewards and short-comings of software’s used for accounting purposes and their impact on CPA firms
- Smokoo auctions are real
- Everything you need to know about free adds
- Post free classified ads – is it easy to sell or buy anything for free?
- Become One of eBay's Most Illustrious Powersellers!
- 7 Niches for eBay That Make A Profit
- Have Old Baby Items? Sell them Online Australia
- Real Time Search Engines – new faces of search engines
- Search Engine – everything on your tip
- The Growth of the Australian Online Auction Marketplace
- Repossessed Boats – Cut Out the Dealer and Get the Best Deal on Repo Boats
- Points to remember while buying online
- Tips To Build A Profitable eBay Business
- Tips For Discovering Ideal Cosplay Costume
- Why You Need a Conveyancer
- Why Not Give Yourself An Advantage Over The Majority Of eBay Sellers?
- Vast Opportunities In Auction Sites
- Site Flipping Tips and Tricks
- Morganton Burke County Free Classifieds & Local Business Directory
- House Hunting