Information Store and Exchange Event Fail to Start
- Author Axel Culver
- Published March 25, 2010
- Word count 427
Exchange Information Store service is the most critical component, without which the server is of no use. The Information Store is comprised of different storage groups and if these groups go corrupted, it results into data inaccessibility. Further, the Information Store service also stops. In critical situations, when you cannot restore from the backup or repair it using standard utilities, an Exchange Server Repair tool is required to be used.
For example, when using Exchange Server, you might observe one or more of the following symptoms:
- You attempt to start Information Store service, but cannot do so with the following error:
"Windows could not start the microsoft exchange information store on local computer."
- When you try to start the Exchange event service, this also fails and the following error occurs:
"Could not start the microsoft exchange event service on local computer.
Error 1068:The dependency service or group failed to start."
- On viewing the event viewer, you see event IDs 7001 and/or 7024 logging that suggest that Information Store service has failed to start or has terminated
The general reasons of Information Store not starting are:
Permission issues related to file system, registry etc.
The message store or log files could not find the required disk space
Corrupt message store
Event 7024 generally occurs when the Exchange computer account doesn't has sufficient rights to access the Information Store. This can also occur if Exchange Enterprise Servers group that root from the parent domain doesn't consist the required Exchange Domain Servers group from child domain.
In order to solve the above problem, you need solutions such as:
Check for sufficient permissions required to access the file system, registry and other components
Check for required disk space for log files and message store
Run setup.exe /domainprep for Information Store permission related issues
Add the required group to the Exchange Enterprise Servers group in the parent domain
Repair the corrupted message store using eseutil /r and/or eseutil /p command or restore from backup
Backup is the safest option to restore the database as the eseutil utilities can cause irrecoverable data loss. However, if backup is absent, you are suggested to use an Exchange Repair utility. The Exchange Server Repair tools use powerful and safe scanning algorithms to repair and restore the corrupted Exchange database.
Exchange Repair Software is an advanced and safe tool that repairs Exchange databases and extracts the mailboxes as *.pst files. The Exchange Repair tool supports Exchange Server 5.5, 2000, 2003, and 2007. The software is applicable in each instance of database corruption and provides an interactive design and look.
There are no posted comments.
- MDaemon Messaging Server - a business email server for Windows
- How to Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold
- Avaya Users Email List - Avaya Users Mailing Data - B2B Technology Lists
- Autodesk Users Email List - Buy AutoDesk User List - B2B Technology Lists
- Actuate Users Email List - Actuate Users Mailing List - B2B Technology Lists
- Email etiquette nightmares we could all do without
- Microsoft Outlook problems like freezing, corrupt PST, Profile, Add-in, and so forth
- Print to Mail Automation for Corporate Businesses.
- Get Reliable Solution to Wipe Out Hiccups Related To Hotmail
- B2B Mailing List | B2B Email List | B2B Data List-B2B Leo
- VMware Users Email List-B2B Leo
- How to Download AOL Desktop Gold?
- Automail: Commercial Printing, Mailroom Automation, and Beyond
- Why Disaster Recovery Solutions is Unavoidable?
- E-delivery is the Green Step to Business Success
- How important is Automail System for B2B Communications?
- How to prevent e-mail attacks
- Can social media replace email marketing?
- QuickLock - A Disruptive New Office Technology?
- Don’t Let Your Email Ruin Your Chances: Professional Email Etiquette
- Top 5 Email Marketing Strategies
- Increasing Email Productivity with Gmail Filters
- 7 Subject Line Tricks to Get Your Emails Opened
- How To Make Your List More Responsive
- Lead Capture Systems – Getting More Customers
- Do’s and Don’ts when sending email
- Easy steps on how to build your Email marketing list
- Do More with Your Email with the EverDesk Email Client
- Email Marketing - Personalize It or Not?
- Email Marketing Software – Choosing the Best One!