How to Fix Outlook Error- An unexpected error prevented access to this file
- Author Axel Culver
- Published April 18, 2010
- Word count 421
Are you unable to access Microsoft Outlook PST (Personal Storage Table) file? Are you encountering unexpected error while accessing PST file? This behavior can be caused by corruption of the Microsoft Outlook PST file. Corruption may occur due to a number of application or system related factors. In such cases, the only option you have to restore the PST file is to use backup copy. However, if the backup is not available or is not updated, PST File Recovery is the only way left.
In MS Outlook, when you try to open any file, you may come across:
"An unexpected error prevented access to this file. Use ScanDisk to check the disk for errors, and then try using the Inbox Repair Tool again"
In this situations, you can open Microsoft Outlook account properly. You can see all the emails, contacts, notes, and other database, but you can not open them. With the above error message, the file access process fails. In such circumstances, you need to find out the actual cause of this issue and perform PST Recovery by sorting it out.
Root of the issue
This problem may occur due to corruption of the PST file. PST corruption may occur due to virus infection, application malfunction, operating system failure, system crash, improper system shutdown, and many alike.
In such cases, as recommended in the above error message, you should run ScanDisk utility on your Windows hard drive. This is a disk repair tool, which is inbuilt in the Microsoft Windows operating system. It detects and if possible, repairs hard drive errors.
After completion of disk checking, you are required to run the Inbox Repair Tool to fix this issue. Inbox Repair Tool or Scanpst.exe is a tool of Microsoft Outlook that allows you to repair and restore damaged PST file.
Although, Inbox Repair Tool is quite useful, it can not handle the PST file that is corrupted due to external reasons like virus infection, operating system failure, and more. In such circumstance, you need to go for third party PST Recovery Software.
The PST Recovery applications methodically scan entire PST file and extract all of its objects such as emails, notes, contacts, tasks, and more. They are completely safe and easy to use with read-only conduct and graphical user interface.
PST Recovery Software is a powerful pst file recovery utility that recovers data even from the encrypted PST files. It works well with Microsoft Outlook 2007, 2003, 2002, and 2000. The software is compatible with Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, 2003, XP, 2000, and NT4 (SP6).
There are no posted comments.
- Powerful business email with MDaemon Messaging Server
- Email Marketing By Spoken Communication
- MDaemon Messaging Server - a business email server for Windows
- How to Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold
- Avaya Users Email List - Avaya Users Mailing Data - B2B Technology Lists
- Autodesk Users Email List - Buy AutoDesk User List - B2B Technology Lists
- Actuate Users Email List - Actuate Users Mailing List - B2B Technology Lists
- Email etiquette nightmares we could all do without
- Microsoft Outlook problems like freezing, corrupt PST, Profile, Add-in, and so forth
- Print to Mail Automation for Corporate Businesses.
- Get Reliable Solution to Wipe Out Hiccups Related To Hotmail
- B2B Mailing List | B2B Email List | B2B Data List-B2B Leo
- VMware Users Email List-B2B Leo
- How to Download AOL Desktop Gold?
- Automail: Commercial Printing, Mailroom Automation, and Beyond
- Why Disaster Recovery Solutions is Unavoidable?
- E-delivery is the Green Step to Business Success
- How important is Automail System for B2B Communications?
- How to prevent e-mail attacks
- Can social media replace email marketing?
- QuickLock - A Disruptive New Office Technology?
- Don’t Let Your Email Ruin Your Chances: Professional Email Etiquette
- Top 5 Email Marketing Strategies
- Increasing Email Productivity with Gmail Filters
- 7 Subject Line Tricks to Get Your Emails Opened
- How To Make Your List More Responsive
- Lead Capture Systems – Getting More Customers
- Do’s and Don’ts when sending email
- Easy steps on how to build your Email marketing list
- Do More with Your Email with the EverDesk Email Client