Weird Auctions Sold on Ebay
- Author Orion Kester
- Published May 18, 2007
- Word count 734
#15 Woman Sells Right to Name Her Baby
When Melissa Heuschkel couldn't decide what to name her fourth child, she turned to the auction site eBay. Golden Palace casino won the bid for $15,500. The baby was named Golden Palace Benedetto. Early 2005.
#14 Man Tries to Sell His Liver on Ebay
A man from Florida put his organ up for sale on Ebay. The bid went as high as $5.7 million before eBay pulled it from its site. Stating it's illegal to sell body parts on Ebay.
#13 JFK Shooters Window
Up for auction for the first time, the actual window and frame from the shooter's nest on the 6th floor of the Dallas Texas School Book Depository where Lee Harvey Oswald fired off those fatal shots that took the life of our 35th President of the United States - John F. Kennedy. 188 bids the winning bid was $3,001,501.00. February 16th 2007.
#12 Pretend Monster in a Childs Closet
A pretend monster that was in someone's child's closet. This was so the little one would be able to sleep at night. Details unkown.
#11 Ghost in a Jar
Yes, a ghost. In a jar. Well, why not? The ghost was, apparently, terrorising, the man who owned it, and so he decided to capture it and sell it on eBay to someone who might be able to give it a better home. By Jeff Cohen.
#10 Doritos Cheese Pope Hat
Golden Palace casino was at it again when they won this auction. There were 34 bids when Golden Palace bid $1,209 to win the auction. March 23, 2005.
#9 Britney Spears Chewed Gum
Someone picked up Britney Spears? Chewed gum at a London hotel and decided it'd be a great thing to sell on eBay. Oddly enough, they were right? They got $263 for it. A Britney fan probably has it framed in their house. By Jeff Cohen.
#8 Jesus Toast
The Seller accidentally burnt a piece of toast. Before he could throw it away, he noticed the face of Jesus on the toast. Starting bid was $.99 with a buy it now price at $200. Unfortunately no one bid on this item.
#7 Britney Spears Half Eaten Sandwich
Golden Palace Casino has purchased many weird things, like a half eaten egg salad sandwich which they purchased for $500 also for an additional $20 they also purchased a nibbled on corn dog by Spears' ex husband Kevin Federline.
#6 Virgin Mary Grilled Cheese Sandwich
A seller offered a grilled cheese sandwich upon which the Virgin Mary had appeared to her and the strange thing is, she genuinely seemed to believe it. This item, unbelievably, sold for $28,000. Some people just have too much money to waste, don't they? By Jeff Cohen.
#5 The Internet
If people can sell plots of land on the moon, then why can't someone sell the Internet? Someone did just that, for the bargain asking price of $1 million. Of course, it was all just a gag and it's unlikely that this Pay Pal transaction ever went through. But still, it would have been the deal of the century-the buyer was even throwing in free Internet access. By Rob Lee.
#4 18 Year Old British Girl's Virginity
An 18-year-old British girl sold her virginity on eBay? but it was bought by a businessman who kindly agreed to give her the money without actually taking the service. By Jeff Cohen.
#3 Wedding Dress
Nothing strange about selling a wedding dress, you might think? But this was the guy's ex-wife's wedding dress. And he modelled it, as well as writing a long screed about his ex-wife in the description. It sold for 3,850. By Jeff Cohen.
#2 U.S. Navy F/A-18A Hornet
A state brokerage in Virginia sold a U.S. Navy F/A-18A Hornet jet fighter on eBay for just over a million dollars. It was, unfortunately, in pieces and so unusable, but they offered to put it back together and make it ready to fly for the low, low price of just another $9 million. By Jeff Cohen.
#1 Broken Laser Pointer
The beginning of Ebay, the first auction ever. Pierre Omidyar wrote the code that evolved into what we know today as Ebay. Originally called AuctionWeb and hosted on the same server as Pierre's page about the ebola virus, the site began with the listing of a single broken laser pointer around September 1995. Though Pierre had intended the listing to be a test more than a serious offer to sell at auction, he was shocked when the item sold for $14.83.
There are no posted comments.
- Ten Questions to Ask a Listing Agent
- 5 Types of Stairs to Suit Your Dream House
- Organizing Estate Sales For Higher Profits
- Taking the Best Advantage of Free Classified Sites
- Online Classified Ads - The Benefits
- The Basics of Estate Auctions
- Top 5 Essential Motorhome Accessories
- Never ending market of pharmaceutical companies explored by MR
- Charity Auctions Still Deliver for Fundraising
- Effective Free Classifieds Advertising for Business Success
- Rewards and short-comings of software’s used for accounting purposes and their impact on CPA firms
- Smokoo auctions are real
- Everything you need to know about free adds
- Post free classified ads – is it easy to sell or buy anything for free?
- Become One of eBay's Most Illustrious Powersellers!
- 7 Niches for eBay That Make A Profit
- Have Old Baby Items? Sell them Online Australia
- Real Time Search Engines – new faces of search engines
- Search Engine – everything on your tip
- The Growth of the Australian Online Auction Marketplace
- Repossessed Boats – Cut Out the Dealer and Get the Best Deal on Repo Boats
- Points to remember while buying online
- Tips To Build A Profitable eBay Business
- Tips For Discovering Ideal Cosplay Costume
- Why You Need a Conveyancer
- Why Not Give Yourself An Advantage Over The Majority Of eBay Sellers?
- Vast Opportunities In Auction Sites
- Site Flipping Tips and Tricks
- Morganton Burke County Free Classifieds & Local Business Directory
- House Hunting