Exchange Information Store Corrupt with Database not found Error
- Author Axel Culver
- Published May 5, 2010
- Word count 369
In several Exchange database operations, like (but not limited to) backup process, the operating system is called to read database pages that have to be written on disk. During this operation, the checksum value placed in database page header is compared with that returned by READ operation. The backup operation fails if these values do not match. Such errors indicate corruption in database and need backup availability to restore lost data. But in cases when user finds it unfeasible to restore from backup (because it is corrupted or incomplete), a Microsoft Exchange Recovery tool can help.
To depict the probable events, let's take a related scenario of an Exchange Server 2003 user. When he runs a backup utility to copy the Exchange database, the operation halts with an error that reads:
"Database was not found and could not be backed up. Please make sure database exists and is mounted."
The logs also consist of errors such as:
"Store_Name is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify."
"Access is denied. Access denied to database Mailbox Store."
On exploring the application event log, it shows error -1018.
The root cause of the above behavior is corruption of Exchange mailbox store, most likely due to hardware issues. These errors cause checksum errors in database pages.
To resolve the problem:
1.You need to run system hardware diagnostics to find the root cause and then isolate the related issues.
2.User can create a new mailbox store and move the mailboxes from the corrupted store, to correct the database problems.
3.You can also try repairing the corrupted database using Eseutil/p repair utility. However, this command is often unrecommended because it deletes the corrupted database pages and can cause important data to delete.
4.And, for safe database repair, use an Exchange Recovery Tool. Designed to run safe scanning procedures, these Microsoft Exchange Server Recovery software can repair corrupted database and extract valuable data.
Exchange Recovery Software is a professional exchange database recovery tool built for fixing corruption with Exchange databases created with MS Exchange Server 2007, 2003, 2000, and 5.5. The software recovers deleted mailboxes and includes various advanced options. Compatible with Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2003, and 2000, this Exchange Recovery Tool extracts mailboxes in separate *.pst files.
Axel Culver has passion for writing Technical article. He is right now writing articles related to Product like Exchange Server Recovery Tool and Microsoft Exchange Recovery Software to solve all edb corruption related problems.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- MDaemon Messaging Server - a business email server for Windows
- How to Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold
- Avaya Users Email List - Avaya Users Mailing Data - B2B Technology Lists
- Autodesk Users Email List - Buy AutoDesk User List - B2B Technology Lists
- Actuate Users Email List - Actuate Users Mailing List - B2B Technology Lists
- Email etiquette nightmares we could all do without
- Microsoft Outlook problems like freezing, corrupt PST, Profile, Add-in, and so forth
- Print to Mail Automation for Corporate Businesses.
- Get Reliable Solution to Wipe Out Hiccups Related To Hotmail
- B2B Mailing List | B2B Email List | B2B Data List-B2B Leo
- VMware Users Email List-B2B Leo
- How to Download AOL Desktop Gold?
- Automail: Commercial Printing, Mailroom Automation, and Beyond
- Why Disaster Recovery Solutions is Unavoidable?
- E-delivery is the Green Step to Business Success
- How important is Automail System for B2B Communications?
- How to prevent e-mail attacks
- Can social media replace email marketing?
- QuickLock - A Disruptive New Office Technology?
- Don’t Let Your Email Ruin Your Chances: Professional Email Etiquette
- Top 5 Email Marketing Strategies
- Increasing Email Productivity with Gmail Filters
- 7 Subject Line Tricks to Get Your Emails Opened
- How To Make Your List More Responsive
- Lead Capture Systems – Getting More Customers
- Do’s and Don’ts when sending email
- Easy steps on how to build your Email marketing list
- Do More with Your Email with the EverDesk Email Client
- Email Marketing - Personalize It or Not?
- Email Marketing Software – Choosing the Best One!