Troubleshooting Event Ids 9518, 9175, and 454 at MS Exchange Startup
- Author Axel Culver
- Published April 28, 2010
- Word count 417
The Event Ids in Microsoft Exchange Server form most important parts of system diagnosis. These cryptic error messages allow the user to diagnose the logging problems. While there are various reasons for the occurrence of these event id, the most important is the corruption in the 'Information Store'. For easy resolution of any event id, the user can restore the database from an updated backup. However in case of absence of an updated backup, the user requires a powerful Exchange Server Repair software to repair the database.
As a practical case, your server locks up for no reason and when you reboot, the MS Exchange 2003 does not start. On viewing the event log, you view a series of event ids:
"Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeIS
Event Category: General
Event ID: 9518
Time: 5:56:43 PM
Error Log file is corrupt starting Storage Group
Exchange/CN=CityRealtyMail/CN=Administrative Groups/CN=First Administrative
Group/CN=Servers/CN=CRC2K3/CN=InformationStore/CN=First Storage Group on the
Microsoft Exchange Information Store.
Storage Group - Initialization of Jet failed.
Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeSA
Event Category: MAPI Session
Event ID: 9175
Time: 6:07:09 PM
The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error:
The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are
network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for
The MAPI provider failed.
Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
ID no: 8004011d-0526-00000000
Event Type: Error
Event Source: ESE
Event Category: Logging/Recovery
Event ID: 454
Time: 5:56:43 PM
Information Store (448) First Storage Group: Database recovery/restore
failed with unexpected error -501."
Next, when you try to mount the 'Mailbox' or 'Public Folder', you encounter the below error message:
"The database files in this store are corrupted"
The cause for the occurrence of the above error message is corruption of Exchange Server database.
To resolve the above error message and to repair the Exchange Server database, you have to use an effective Exchange Server Repair application. Such Exchange Repair Software employ extensive scanning techniques to repair and restore corrupt Exchange Server database.
Exchange Repair is an answer to all logically corrupted Exchange Server databases. With recovery of deleted mailboxes, the MS Exchange Repair application repairs databases created in Exchange Server 5.5, 2000, 2003, and 2007. The repaired EDB file is saved in a .pst file format.
There are no posted comments.
- Powerful business email with MDaemon Messaging Server
- Email Marketing By Spoken Communication
- MDaemon Messaging Server - a business email server for Windows
- How to Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold
- Avaya Users Email List - Avaya Users Mailing Data - B2B Technology Lists
- Autodesk Users Email List - Buy AutoDesk User List - B2B Technology Lists
- Actuate Users Email List - Actuate Users Mailing List - B2B Technology Lists
- Email etiquette nightmares we could all do without
- Microsoft Outlook problems like freezing, corrupt PST, Profile, Add-in, and so forth
- Print to Mail Automation for Corporate Businesses.
- Get Reliable Solution to Wipe Out Hiccups Related To Hotmail
- B2B Mailing List | B2B Email List | B2B Data List-B2B Leo
- VMware Users Email List-B2B Leo
- How to Download AOL Desktop Gold?
- Automail: Commercial Printing, Mailroom Automation, and Beyond
- Why Disaster Recovery Solutions is Unavoidable?
- E-delivery is the Green Step to Business Success
- How important is Automail System for B2B Communications?
- How to prevent e-mail attacks
- Can social media replace email marketing?
- QuickLock - A Disruptive New Office Technology?
- Don’t Let Your Email Ruin Your Chances: Professional Email Etiquette
- Top 5 Email Marketing Strategies
- Increasing Email Productivity with Gmail Filters
- 7 Subject Line Tricks to Get Your Emails Opened
- How To Make Your List More Responsive
- Lead Capture Systems – Getting More Customers
- Do’s and Don’ts when sending email
- Easy steps on how to build your Email marketing list
- Do More with Your Email with the EverDesk Email Client