Different Ways To Protect Your Car Audio Equipment
- Author Chimezirim Odimba
- Published May 25, 2007
- Word count 413
You might have spent quite a reasonable sum on your car audio equipment. But have you given some thought to protecting your investment? Yes, you may say. After all, you have a comprehensive car insurance policy in place. But does that really protect your investment completely? Not really! You can take other steps to ensure you protect yourself from loss especially if yours are high end aftermarket audio equipment...
A security system is a must if you've spent any reasonable sum on your car audio system. These security systems come in different shapes and shades. You can easily find one that fits into your budget. But wait a minute, if you've spent a few thousand dollars on getting the "bestest" in audio equipment, it certainly won't hurt if you spend a tiny percent to get a solid security system.
As you shop for your security system, ask if the manufacturer provides any form of incentive for using their brand. A number of them will at least cover part of your deductible (That is the amount you must pay from your pocket before the insurance company pays your claims).
Also make sure you don't attract thieves to your audio equipment. There are certain designs that conceal or camouflage what you have inside. And, please, don't put flashy stickers on your car. I am told that they are almost equivalent to telling thieving rats that there's something in your car they'll like to pick.
Remember to lock your car doors. I know it sounds stupid but believe it or not a lot of folks lose their valuable equipment just because they forgot to lock their car doors. Don't be in such a hurry that you forget to double check.
Now back to an insurance policy that will take care of you: A comprehensive cover will do just fine if all you've got is your factory-fitted system. However, if you have customized things a bit or just replaced your factory head unit with a high end custom stereo then you'll do well to take an additional policy (a rider) just to cover that.
Does this mean you'll have to spend some extra after your regular car insurance? It depends! If you learn how to make considerable savings in your car insurance, you can use just a part of it to take a rider. It's easy and something everyone can do. Furthermore, it doesn't involve so much time investment but can result in savings of up to $1000.
Would you like to save up to $1000 in your car insurance premium? Click here: Auto Insurance Quotes and here: Best Car Insurance Quotes to get all you need to get the biggest savings possible in car insurance.
Chimezirim Odimba writes for Car Insurance.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Professionals Can Do The Best Job Of Overspray Removal at Just Like New Overspray Removal Inc.
- Innovative lightweight products to change industry dynamics for air brake systems
- 4 Essential Car Repairs to Avoid Future Problems
- Some Important Reasons for Investing in Tubeless Tyres
- Why It Is Important to Maintain Your Car Brake System Regularly
- Breakdown Recovery – How to Choose Your Optimal Car Recovery Solution
- Car Sound System: How to Get Better Sound Quality Without Replacing It
- 11 ultimate Guide about how to take care of your Car And Maintenance Tips
- Let's Make Your Old Car New Again
- Tips On How To Maintain Your Vehicle
- 4 Ways to Pump up Your Vehicle's Power
- Your Search for the #1 Engine Test Stand Ends Here
- Want to know to adjust the speed of wipers?
- Save Big with Easy-Run’s Fall Special!
- Tire Maintenance For Optimal Tire Life
- Beware Tires Expire
- The Heart of Your Car’s Ability To Keep You Warm - The Heater Core And it too can suffer from clogged arteries and stop working.
- Two must-see tips for motorcycle maintenance
- Analysis of clutch failure
- Car fuel saving tips every driver should know
- Adjustment and maintenance of chain
- Auto Wheel Alignment the most misunderstood auto maintenance item?
- Use A Windshield Sunshade To Protect Your Vehicle!
- The True Cost of Ignoring Vehicle Maintenance
- Keeping The Cost of Automotive Ownership Down - Create A Winning Partnership
- Car Maintenance - Do It Yourself and Save Money
- Bug and Tar Remover to Keep Auto Paint Looking Like New
- Why Wrap Your Vehicle?
- Can Speedy Oil Change Service Stations Be Reputable?
- Best Tips for Cleaning Your Wheels