Make Your Emails Stand Out in a Crowded Inbox
- Author Neil Anuskiewicz
- Published May 28, 2010
- Word count 544
An unbelievable number of emails are sent every day. Today alone, billions of emails will overflow inboxes all over the world.
In the early, halcyon days of email marketing, you could spark interest just by sending emails. Now that nearly every savvy business sends commercial email, it has lost a bit of its appeal. Email exhaustion means it is all too easy for your important email to get lost in the shuffle.
The good news is many businesses do not understand that they need to improve their email marketing. If you can recognize the need, have the skill (or can hire it), and put in the necessary effort, then you can break away from the crowd. You can benefit from your competitors’ lackluster efforts.
So how do you reach an increasingly overloaded audience, one that’s willing to give your email only a few seconds before moving on to the next message? Here are some ideas that can help.
- Respect your subscribers
The more emails people have to deal with, the easier they find it to ignore or unsubscribe at best. Those willing to take the time to actually read your email are very valuable. Respect these readers or they will find a business that will respect them and their time.
Of course, think in terms of Return on Investment (ROI), open rates, click-throughs, and other metrics, but don’t forget you are dealing with human beings on the other side of the email.
Get their permission to send marketing emails to them, and treat this permission with respect once you have it. Permission-based email marketing is the only sustainable way to succeed even if your list is smaller in the short run.
- Make your email marketing more professional
Pay attention to detail in all parts of email marketing, including planning the campaigns, designing and copywriting, managing lists, creating landing pages, and more.
Learn the skills yourself from Web-based resources or contract those with the skills.
- Give your subscribers something they want
Keep in mind that your recipients are not concerned about what you want (e.g., more sales), rather they only care about what they get out of the emails you send. Unless you give your readers a good reason to stay on your list, they will unsubscribe.
To keep your subscribers, you have to deliver value along with emails. Promotional emails should provide relevant offers targeted to the correct subscribers. Good use of list management and segmenting can help with this. Email newsletters should be useful and relevant.
- Think long-term
As a business or organization, you are seeking long-term success. Valuable content is a necessary part of this but may not be enough. You need to connect with your subscribers.
Few people want to receive emails from an impersonal department so write in a human voice. In addition, learn the principles of influence and persuasion.
- Try something new
If you find yourself getting into an email marketing rut, it might be time to try something different. Being flashier or pushier is not the solution as that will just annoy your subscribers. Brainstorm some ideas and try them. If your ideas fail, you learned something. If they succeed, then your emails will stand out from the crowd and help you achieve your objectives.
Neil Anuskiewicz is the Senior Sales Associate for EZ Publishing, Inc., the creator of the StreamSend Email Marketing service. StreamSend specializes in helping companies and organizations harness the power of permission-based email marketing promotions and email newsletters.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- MDaemon Messaging Server - a business email server for Windows
- How to Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold
- Avaya Users Email List - Avaya Users Mailing Data - B2B Technology Lists
- Autodesk Users Email List - Buy AutoDesk User List - B2B Technology Lists
- Actuate Users Email List - Actuate Users Mailing List - B2B Technology Lists
- Email etiquette nightmares we could all do without
- Microsoft Outlook problems like freezing, corrupt PST, Profile, Add-in, and so forth
- Print to Mail Automation for Corporate Businesses.
- Get Reliable Solution to Wipe Out Hiccups Related To Hotmail
- B2B Mailing List | B2B Email List | B2B Data List-B2B Leo
- VMware Users Email List-B2B Leo
- How to Download AOL Desktop Gold?
- Automail: Commercial Printing, Mailroom Automation, and Beyond
- Why Disaster Recovery Solutions is Unavoidable?
- E-delivery is the Green Step to Business Success
- How important is Automail System for B2B Communications?
- How to prevent e-mail attacks
- Can social media replace email marketing?
- QuickLock - A Disruptive New Office Technology?
- Don’t Let Your Email Ruin Your Chances: Professional Email Etiquette
- Top 5 Email Marketing Strategies
- Increasing Email Productivity with Gmail Filters
- 7 Subject Line Tricks to Get Your Emails Opened
- How To Make Your List More Responsive
- Lead Capture Systems – Getting More Customers
- Do’s and Don’ts when sending email
- Easy steps on how to build your Email marketing list
- Do More with Your Email with the EverDesk Email Client
- Email Marketing - Personalize It or Not?
- Email Marketing Software – Choosing the Best One!