Finding Easy Meditation Techniques
- Author Miranda Dockstader
- Published September 5, 2010
- Word count 693
You don't have to spend hundreds of dollars to find easy meditation techniques. There are an abundance of resources out there,
all of them free. The meditation benefits that people are getting are making meditation more and more popular every day. Some
companies are even setting aside time for their employees to meditate, in order to be more relaxed and productive at work.
There are many easy meditation techniques that offer phenomenal benefits to those who use them. Some of these include:
- Less stress. For those people who have high stress levels, meditation is an excellent way to relax and let go of these
- Improved health. There are many different mental illnesses that can be benefited by meditation; depression, anxiety, and even
certain levels of bipolar disorder can be alleviated by meditation, especially for people who are realizing that antidepressants
- Stimulates healing. Meditation can and is being used as a natural alternative to healing the body of a number of other
diseases. By focusing these techniques on certain areas of the body, it allows the body's own healing power to kick in and work
These are just a few of the many different meditation benefits.
When starting a meditation regimen, there are some basic things you need to know. First, you must allot the time to do so. This
can be any time of day, but it is most effective first thing in the morning and last thing at night. Just 5 minutes twice a day
will get you started and you will begin to realize the benefits very quickly. Eventually, you can work up to 15 minutes twice a
day. Try to find a place where there are no distractions. No loud noises. Turn off the phone. Settle the children and tell your
spouse you need some alone time. You also need the right setting; A quiet room, with the lights low, relaxing sounds or music
and a comfortable chair. When all this is in place you can apply easy meditation techniques with little effort.
The first step to applying easy meditation techniques is to learn deep breathing exercises. These exercises are essential in
order to get the full benefits of meditation. Among other things they:
Help get more oxygen to the blood stream, allowing the heart to work less so it slows down.
Allow you time to relax and get in the right state of mind for meditation.
Allow meditation to work more efficiently for you.
Here is a simple deep breathing exercise: Sit quietly and close your eyes. Focus your energy and attention on your breath.
Take in a deep breath and hold it for 5 seconds, then release. Breath normally for a minute, then repeat.
Do this 3-5 times. You should feel more relaxed and focused.
Deep breathing is an important part of the meditation routine. Practice will help you even if you don't have time to meditate.
For example: When you are in a stressful situation, taking a minute to do these exercises can automatically put you in a
meditative state of mind, helping you alleviate the stress. You can use this effectively no matter where you are.
Easy meditation techniques are inexpensive and enjoyable stress-relievers. Information is readily available online, at book stores
and even your local library. The internet is a powerful resource for those seeking information on meditation, as
well as a number of other subjects on self help methods. Again, you don't have to spend hundreds of dollars finding them, as many
websites offer free techniques that are easy to apply to every day life.
One important thing to realize about meditation, as well as other natural or holistic methods of relaxation or healing is that
these techniques take time to work. They aren't like drugs, which in most cases are just temporary quick fixes. They work on
the body as a whole, and the more stress you have, the longer it will take to be effective. However, just giving it a try will
help you feel more in charge of your health and happiness. Don't get discouraged. Keep at it and you will find the peace of mind
you are looking for.
Miranda is passionate about creating positive change in her life and helps others do the same at www.creating-positive-change.com/daily-meditation.htmlArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Most popular nature sounds for stress relief
- Meditation Enhances Cooperation
- 5 Things All Working Millennial Women Can Do to Keep the Stress at Bay
- 6 Effective Ways to be relieved from Stress
- Shower Meditation
- Guide on High School Preparation for Law School
- Resiliency Clues From Marvel Characters & Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Nationally Recognized Psychotherapist Bill Benson, LMFT, LPCC Questions the Commonly Held Definition of Stress
- Midlife Crisis is a scam
- 5 Keys To Stress Relief
- The Stress Cure - Is Stress Zapping Your Memory?
- What to do About Stress?
- Eliminate Time Clutter - Create A Not To Do List
- How Stressful Thinking Impacts You
- How much time do you waste each day doing routine things?
- What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger. It’s True!
- Are Your Friends There When You Need Them?
- How to defeat stress.
- How to Change an Unhealthy Behavior that Seems to be a Solution to a Problem
- Tips on How to Avoid Getting Stressed at Christmas
- Managing Your Papers: Inbox, Outbox, and Everything In Between
- Concrete Ideas on How to Cope With Stress
- How To Cope With Pressure At Work
- Stopping Panic Attacks Naturally
- Creating a Peaceful Place – Simple Stress Reducing Technique
- How To Hang In There Mentally When You Have Money Worries
- Work Life Amalgamation
- How to Live Stress-Free and Happy
- Job Stress and Your Health
- Why Should I Care About Stress?