5 Absolutes of Any Squeeze Page
- Author Tj Philpott
- Published September 14, 2010
- Word count 579
The squeeze page is to your business what the 'accelerator' is to a car. Can you build an online business without building a list? Of course you can, but your progress will be much slower and your efforts will be more intense. Does that sound like something you want to do? What squeeze pages actually do for your business is allow you to work smarter and not harder. This is done by collecting a list of email addresses of people who have already visited your site. Knowing that they have expressed an interest in your business and will allow you to send them promotional messages greatly reduces your marketing efforts.
With that said here are 5 things all squeeze pages need to make them effective at collecting the list of email addresses that will make life so much easier for you.
Prominent Opt-In Box
Don't make it hard for site visitors to find your opt in box on the page. Place it in a prominent location and call attention to it. It is suggested to place it above the fold and as close to the top of the page as possible.
Prominent 'Subscribe' Tab
Make available a tab or button site visitors will click on to enter their contact name and join your list. This button should also be large enough to be easily notice and much like your opt in box it should stand out in some way. Whether you make it oversized or a color that is very noticeable the choice is up to you. It is suggested to do both!
Minimal Use of Graphics
Remember the objective of all squeeze pages is for the sake of building a list of email addresses and that is it. Your message on this page should be simple and direct therefore the use of flashy graphics should be minimal or none at all. Graphics, unless they are directly related to the message you are trying to deliver, will only distract site visitors.
The use of a free giveaway is highly recommended and also very effective at enticing people to submit their contact information. This gift does not have to be elaborate and can simply be a short report you put together.
Call to Action
Never assume that people who land on your page will know what to do in order to subscribe to your list. It is best to tell them exactly what they need to do and to repeat these instructions throughout the text of the page. Also be sure that the process of opting in is simple and remind people of just how easy and simple it is.
Your squeeze page holds the key to making your business building efforts a lot easier when working online. Building a list of email addresses is always recommended if you are serious about marketing on the internet. By collecting contact information of people who have already shown an interest in what you do you can now easily promote to them. They are targeted and you are also saving yourself the time, effort and expense you incur when generating traffic. The 5 things we reviewed above are 'bare bone' essentials you will need on this page for building a list effectively and efficiently. Omitting any of these items on any of the squeeze pages you use will decrease their effectiveness. This will result in an increase in your marketing efforts and it is doubtful that is something you would want to do!
TJ Philpott is an author and Internet entrepreneur based out of North Carolina.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Powerful business email with MDaemon Messaging Server
- Email Marketing By Spoken Communication
- MDaemon Messaging Server - a business email server for Windows
- How to Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold
- Avaya Users Email List - Avaya Users Mailing Data - B2B Technology Lists
- Autodesk Users Email List - Buy AutoDesk User List - B2B Technology Lists
- Actuate Users Email List - Actuate Users Mailing List - B2B Technology Lists
- Email etiquette nightmares we could all do without
- Microsoft Outlook problems like freezing, corrupt PST, Profile, Add-in, and so forth
- Print to Mail Automation for Corporate Businesses.
- Get Reliable Solution to Wipe Out Hiccups Related To Hotmail
- B2B Mailing List | B2B Email List | B2B Data List-B2B Leo
- VMware Users Email List-B2B Leo
- How to Download AOL Desktop Gold?
- Automail: Commercial Printing, Mailroom Automation, and Beyond
- Why Disaster Recovery Solutions is Unavoidable?
- E-delivery is the Green Step to Business Success
- How important is Automail System for B2B Communications?
- How to prevent e-mail attacks
- Can social media replace email marketing?
- QuickLock - A Disruptive New Office Technology?
- Don’t Let Your Email Ruin Your Chances: Professional Email Etiquette
- Top 5 Email Marketing Strategies
- Increasing Email Productivity with Gmail Filters
- 7 Subject Line Tricks to Get Your Emails Opened
- How To Make Your List More Responsive
- Lead Capture Systems – Getting More Customers
- Do’s and Don’ts when sending email
- Easy steps on how to build your Email marketing list
- Do More with Your Email with the EverDesk Email Client