How to Build a List – Setting It All Up
- Author Tj Philpott
- Published June 27, 2011
- Word count 579
It is critically important to know how to build a list if you intend to be marketing an online business. What we are addressing here today are the steps involved in your preparation for building a list before you even begin to generate traffic. By taking the proper steps ahead of time you can avoid having to make adjustments later thereby allowing you to grow a business that much faster.
Here are 5 things you will want to do BEFORE you open the flood gates to traffic in your preparations for building a list online.
The starting point for anybody intent on marketing an online business will be the focus it is going to have in terms of a niche. Upon determining the direction you are going to take you now have a theme around which you can set out to build a list. Remember, you only want to attract targeted traffic or it is otherwise useless therefore adhering to your theme will be important!
With the expectations that people will leave their contact information also comes the need to offer them a free gift in exchange for this information. Squeeze pages by design tendered a minimal amount of information since their focus is on nothing other than to build a list. Therefore the gift is used to help encourage/entice people into leaving the requested information. The gift, in whatever form you may choose, needs to have some relevance to your niche.
Squeeze pages are suppose to be very plain and contain the least amount of content you can put on them. With that said all you want to appear on this page is an engaging headline, 5 to 7 'benefit' your free gift may offer and an opt in box where people can leave their contact information. Display the opt in box prominently and you are good to go!
Auto Responder Messages
The need for an auto responder service will be required to make this work however the outgoing messages are your responsibility. Create and schedule the messages you want to send out to list members BEFORE your squeeze page goes live online! Take advantage of the automation these services provide by completing this task ahead of time and then watch how it can grow a business almost on auto-pilot!
Pulling it Together
Now you are at the point where you go through your 'checklist' to be sure the previous tasks are all completed to your satisfaction. Marketing an online business is not necessarily difficult but it does involve many details the first being to position yourself to build a list as you have done here. The time has now arrived to go live with your squeeze page and then get busy generating the traffic you are going to need.
Knowing how to build a list starts with the proper preparations before you begin generating traffic. This strategy is one of the best approaches to use for marketing an online business but it needs to be set up correctly for it to be effective. As the discussion above reveals none of the steps involved are difficult and merely require patience on your behalf. When done correctly in advance however it will help you avoid wasting any traffic you have already generated and make building a list much easier for you! The final result will be in your ability to grow a business faster based upon the repeat sales you can generate from list members!
TJ Philpott is an author and Internet entrepreneur based out of North Carolina.
To learn more about how to build a list and to also receive a free instructional manual that teaches valuable niche research techniques for your online marketing needs simply visit:http://affiliatequickstart.com/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to Earn Money from Email Marketing. Email Marketing for Beginners:
- How to Make Custom Personal Or Business Mail Logos?
- Best Gmail Backup Tool Review
- Powerful business email with MDaemon Messaging Server
- Email Marketing By Spoken Communication
- MDaemon Messaging Server - a business email server for Windows
- How to Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold
- Avaya Users Email List - Avaya Users Mailing Data - B2B Technology Lists
- Autodesk Users Email List - Buy AutoDesk User List - B2B Technology Lists
- Actuate Users Email List - Actuate Users Mailing List - B2B Technology Lists
- Email etiquette nightmares we could all do without
- Microsoft Outlook problems like freezing, corrupt PST, Profile, Add-in, and so forth
- Print to Mail Automation for Corporate Businesses.
- Get Reliable Solution to Wipe Out Hiccups Related To Hotmail
- B2B Mailing List | B2B Email List | B2B Data List-B2B Leo
- VMware Users Email List-B2B Leo
- How to Download AOL Desktop Gold?
- Automail: Commercial Printing, Mailroom Automation, and Beyond
- Why Disaster Recovery Solutions is Unavoidable?
- E-delivery is the Green Step to Business Success
- How important is Automail System for B2B Communications?
- How to prevent e-mail attacks
- Can social media replace email marketing?
- QuickLock - A Disruptive New Office Technology?
- Don’t Let Your Email Ruin Your Chances: Professional Email Etiquette
- Top 5 Email Marketing Strategies
- Increasing Email Productivity with Gmail Filters
- 7 Subject Line Tricks to Get Your Emails Opened
- How To Make Your List More Responsive
- Lead Capture Systems – Getting More Customers