Select the Right Words for Your Email Subject Line
- Author Dan Forootan
- Published June 28, 2011
- Word count 511
Your email subject line is the key to a successful email marketing campaign. While email marketing software can help you create beautiful newsletters, effective announcements and discount notifications, as well as engaging email reminders, if the email subject line is not written correctly, these custom-crafted missives may never be seen. With a limit of just fifty characters, finding the right words can seem daunting. But here are some tips on creating email marketing subject lines that will intrigue readers enough to open and read your email.
10 Tips for Writing Your Email Subject Line
• Write Your Subject Line First – Most people make the mistake of writing their subject last-minute, as an afterthought. By writing your subject line first and reviewing it carefully, it will make more of an impact.
• Inspire a Sense of Urgency – Start your subject line with "For Only 24 Hours" or "Order Now" and it will intrigue readers to open immediately rather than wait till later.
• Include the Important Information First – By keeping your key facts in the first part of your email, you won’t have to worry about information being cut off by some email software.
• Use Your "From" Line – Don’t waste precious characters by repeating your company’s name if it is already in your email address.
• Test Your Subject Line First – Send to yourself as well as others you trust to get feedback before including it in your email marketing campaign.
• Use The Word "Free" Carefully – Free is a great word to use, but don’t make it your first word, in a conjunction, with an exclamation point, or in caps. These actions may get your email filtered. However, when used well, people still respond effectively to the word ‘free’ and it can increase readership as well as spark further actions.
• Be Careful Not To Mislead Your Reader – While you want them to open your email, you want them to trust you and your product or services. It is important that your subject line not mislead your customer and cause distrust of you and your company.
• Watch Out for Spam Filters – Spam filters can be picky. Check your copy by sending it through a content checker to identify any spam-like words or phrases. Make sure your subject line is not in all caps and don’t use exclamation points.
• Get Your Customer Invested – By crafting your subject line to make your customers feel invested in something, whether it is your products or services, they will be more inclined to read on.
• Ask a Question – Ask a question that your readers will say ‘yes’ to, so they will open your email to find out more information.
An essential aspect to any marketing campaign, email marketing is cost-effective and current, allowing you to stay connected with your existing customers while simultaneously soliciting new clients. You can instantly send out email notifications, discount coupons, reminders, or even email newsletters with easy-to-use email marketing software. Pre-existing templates make each piece of email easy to create and update on a regular basis. Increase your revenue stream with email marketing software.
Dan Forootan is President of EZ Publishing, which offers custom web applications and permission-based email marketing via StreamSend, a leading provider of easy, affordable and dependable email marketing software for creating, sending and tracking email newsletter campaigns.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- MDaemon Messaging Server - a business email server for Windows
- How to Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold
- Avaya Users Email List - Avaya Users Mailing Data - B2B Technology Lists
- Autodesk Users Email List - Buy AutoDesk User List - B2B Technology Lists
- Actuate Users Email List - Actuate Users Mailing List - B2B Technology Lists
- Email etiquette nightmares we could all do without
- Microsoft Outlook problems like freezing, corrupt PST, Profile, Add-in, and so forth
- Print to Mail Automation for Corporate Businesses.
- Get Reliable Solution to Wipe Out Hiccups Related To Hotmail
- B2B Mailing List | B2B Email List | B2B Data List-B2B Leo
- VMware Users Email List-B2B Leo
- How to Download AOL Desktop Gold?
- Automail: Commercial Printing, Mailroom Automation, and Beyond
- Why Disaster Recovery Solutions is Unavoidable?
- E-delivery is the Green Step to Business Success
- How important is Automail System for B2B Communications?
- How to prevent e-mail attacks
- Can social media replace email marketing?
- QuickLock - A Disruptive New Office Technology?
- Don’t Let Your Email Ruin Your Chances: Professional Email Etiquette
- Top 5 Email Marketing Strategies
- Increasing Email Productivity with Gmail Filters
- 7 Subject Line Tricks to Get Your Emails Opened
- How To Make Your List More Responsive
- Lead Capture Systems – Getting More Customers
- Do’s and Don’ts when sending email
- Easy steps on how to build your Email marketing list
- Do More with Your Email with the EverDesk Email Client
- Email Marketing - Personalize It or Not?
- Email Marketing Software – Choosing the Best One!