The link between your car and the rates to insure it
- Author Amanda Patterson
- Published July 27, 2011
- Word count 557
If you've already taken the time to read the article about the factors that affect insurance rates for a vehicle, you have probably noticed that there is a set of factors that is directly related to the car itself. It's definitely logic to have the object you want to insure influencing the final price you'll be charged with for getting what you want. However, a lot of car owners don't get it why certain car specifications affect their insurance rates. If you're also confused by the fact that your insurance premiums are directly related to your car's engine volume, here is a short overview of how a car affects insurance rates and what factors are involved.
But let's first consider the logic that drivers the behavior of insurance providers. The main concern the insurer has towards any customer is risk. Namely the risk of the particular customer to file an insurance claim. The higher is the risk the more it will cost for the insurer to cover such a customer since the probability of an insurance situation is higher. Thus the insurance company needs a way to asses the risk associated with insuring each and every of their client. And that's exactly how we get to the car.
There are probably little drivers who actually think that the car they drive doesn't affect their behavior on the road. Those who really do probably have little driving experience or lack simple analytic abilities. We get examples of this simple rule every day. Remember the guy who cut in front of you with that Porsche? Or the mom in her family van blocking the highway while going 30 mph? That's exactly what we are talking about here. And insurance companies know this very well.
When you want get car insurance quotes you have to note what car make and model you want to insure, its engine volume, top speed and safety measures. All these factors are required to see how much of a risk you are for the insurance company. For example, if your car has a high top speed and a large engine volume with lots of horse power in it the insurance company will automatically give you higher car insurance quotes no matter how good of a driver you are. Why? Simply because with such characteristics your car is more likely to provoke aggressive driving and end up in an accident than a vehicle with weaker characteristics. Another example is trying to insure a particular car model that is known for its high repair costs or high theft rates. Even if it is not as fast and furious as any sport car it will also give you more expensive car insurance quotes because the costs of insuring it will be higher compared to other vehicles.
Now that you know how exactly your vehicle affects car insurance quotes you will be able to predict the approximate amount of money it will cost you to insure it. And maybe it will also affect your decision if you want to buy a new car that would let you save some money in insurance too.
Car insurance quotes strongly rely on the actual car you are getting them for. So in order to get better car insurance quotes you will have to get a car that can be regarded as insurance friendly.
Amanda Patterson has shared his vision on numerous subjects throughout the years working with [http://www.webproinsurance.net/articles/how-does-the-auto-affect-car.html](http://www.webproinsurance.net/articles/how-does-the-auto-affect-car.html) on a frequent basis. You can see most of his professional contributions there.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What the Hail is going on with Colorado Storms?
- Get The Best Home Insurance Leads From 50 States Insurance Leads
- Why Auto Insurance Providers Care About Your Past Claims
- Insurance, Blockchain & Oracles
- A Brief Guide to Cyber Liability Insurance
- Smart Questions for Your Insurance Broker, Perth Business Owners Should Ask
- All You Should Know About Product Liability Insurance
- Tips to Make Your Business Insurance Renewal Easier
- Brand Brand Nomberg & Rosenbaum, LLP; NYC Auto Accident Attorneys
- When and How to Go From Part Time to Full Time in the Motor Trade?
- What you need to know about Auto Insurance
- Proving a Defect Car Part Was Responsible for Your Car Accident
- Whose Insurance Pays for an Accident in a Rental Car?
- Loya's Auto Insurance Place
- Ocean Harbor Casualty Insurance Company
- Almost 140 year old Central Insurance Company
- Good2Go Auto Insurance Atlanta
- Independent Car Insurance Estimator
- Car Insurance Estimator Guide
- Citizens Insurance Michigan
- How to Get Accurate Car Insurance Estimate Online
- Understanding the basics and simple methodology of Auto Insurance
- How to Get Fred Loya Quote
- Automatic Direct Auto Insurance Quote
- Fred Loya Insurance – Local Insurance Company
- Citizens Insurance Michigan
- Go Auto Insurance - Specific Offers for Specific Needs
- What You Need to Know about Contacting Your Provider of Motorbike Insurance When Your Bike Is Stolen
- Using the Internet to Find Lower Cost Motorcycle Insurance
- How You Can Benefit from Black Box Insurance