When Looking for Cheaper Car Insurance Start by Asking Your Insurance Company
- Author Scott Coleman
- Published August 15, 2011
- Word count 458
Anyone would be excited to lower their insurance premium, right? It's surprising how many people will call several insurance agencies looking for the best deal. Don't get me wrong, that is perfectly fine, especially if you're shopping for new insurance. However, if you currently have an insurance provider then why not start by asking your insurance agency how they can help you save money on your current policy? There are several ways to save on insurance premiums and your agent will be able to tell you what you can do or what you already qualify for that you may not be taking advantage of.
I realize that most people are looking for "cheap car insurance," but please note that I said "cheaper" in the title of this article. Cheap car insurance is a pretty relative term and I think most people are looking for almost free. Free isn't realistic but lowering your current premium is.
The first thing you should do is find out if you can bundle your different types of insurance coverages to save money. If you have home owners or renters insurance plus car insurance through the same agency you probably qualify for a discount automatically. You probably can qualify for a better car insurance rate if you have multiple cars as well. If your agency isn't offering up discounts keep asking about different scenarios such as: do you have safe driver discounts, discounts for safety features in my vehicle like antilock brakes or airbags, and discounts for students or age.
If you're looking to achieve bigger discounts then you should make sure that your car insurance policy doesn’t have anything that you don’t want or need. An example would be additional coverage for a car stereo or windshield protection. If you don't really need these things have them removed from your policy and have the cost deducted from your account.
Many insurance agencies also offer discounts on the way you pay your premium. You can often get discounts by paying premiums in full or by signing up for an automatic deduction plan. Again, ask your insurance agency if this is something that they could provide.
If you are in desperate need of reducing your monthly premium pretty dramatically then the last thing you should look into is changing your deductible. This is pretty straight forward, the higher the deductible the lower your premium. You should make sure that if you do have to pay a higher deductible for your car insurance that it won't leave you in a pinch with funds.
Calling different insurance agencies for a quote is fine if you really feel like you're paying too much, but start by asking your current agent what they can do for you.
Scott Coleman is the owner of ThomCo Insurance, a full-service agency specializing in high quality insurance including home insurance, car insurance, life, health, business and farm insurance. Scott's office is equipped with the latest in computer systems assisting both in record keeping and quoting to provide quick rate insurance comparisons.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What the Hail is going on with Colorado Storms?
- Get The Best Home Insurance Leads From 50 States Insurance Leads
- Why Auto Insurance Providers Care About Your Past Claims
- Insurance, Blockchain & Oracles
- A Brief Guide to Cyber Liability Insurance
- Smart Questions for Your Insurance Broker, Perth Business Owners Should Ask
- All You Should Know About Product Liability Insurance
- Tips to Make Your Business Insurance Renewal Easier
- Brand Brand Nomberg & Rosenbaum, LLP; NYC Auto Accident Attorneys
- When and How to Go From Part Time to Full Time in the Motor Trade?
- What you need to know about Auto Insurance
- Proving a Defect Car Part Was Responsible for Your Car Accident
- Whose Insurance Pays for an Accident in a Rental Car?
- Loya's Auto Insurance Place
- Ocean Harbor Casualty Insurance Company
- Almost 140 year old Central Insurance Company
- Good2Go Auto Insurance Atlanta
- Independent Car Insurance Estimator
- Car Insurance Estimator Guide
- Citizens Insurance Michigan
- How to Get Accurate Car Insurance Estimate Online
- Understanding the basics and simple methodology of Auto Insurance
- How to Get Fred Loya Quote
- Automatic Direct Auto Insurance Quote
- Fred Loya Insurance – Local Insurance Company
- Citizens Insurance Michigan
- Go Auto Insurance - Specific Offers for Specific Needs
- What You Need to Know about Contacting Your Provider of Motorbike Insurance When Your Bike Is Stolen
- Using the Internet to Find Lower Cost Motorcycle Insurance
- How You Can Benefit from Black Box Insurance