Why You Need Income Protection Insurance.
- Author Eden Green
- Published October 19, 2011
- Word count 582
With predictions of a second global financial crisis making headlines, the number of people seeking income protection insurance in case of unemployment has risen considerably. Credit rating agencies are forewarning about a bigger financial crisis which is expected to have a harder and deeper impact than the previous one especially on Asia and Australia. As a result, the fear of losing their regular income is haunting both workers and businessmen.
Income Protection Insurance: Features And Benefits
Income protection insurance comes to the aid of workers who are unable to earn their regular income due to illness, accidents or injuries. In general, people depend on their income to meet regular financial needs except for the rich upper class. The sudden loss of regular income can lead to a financial crisis, with devastating effects on their lifestyle.
Income protection insurance covers up to seventy five percent of income, in case a person is incapable of earning regular wages. To claim the benefits, the policy holders will have to prove that they are incapacitated and unable to perform an occupation that is suited to their educational and training level. The benefit is paid after a deferred period, the time between the claim and actual commencement of payment.
Income protection insurance typically covers:
Credit card payment
Payment of bills
Day to day living expenses
Medical and rehabilitation costs
Maintenance costs for businesses
The insurance companies tailor the policies to meet the specific risk profiles based on the occupation. Income protection policies are able to meet the specific needs of white collar workers, blue collar workers and self employed people.
How Income Protection Insurance Can Help during Global Financial Crisis:
Generally income protection insurance does not cover unemployment due to redundancy but income protection policies are flexible and can be customized to meet the current crisis situation and needs.
With the predictions of a second global financial crisis, the threat of unemployment is looming large which has led to surge in inquiries about income protection in case of unemployment due to redundancy. To meet the crisis, insurance companies have come up with policies to meet the specific need of the current financial situation. On an average, a policy holder pays approximately two percent of their annual income as premium for the policy. For a higher premium, a worker can get income protection which will cover involuntary unemployment, lying to rest the looming fear of loss of income due to recession.
How To Choose The Perfect Policy
With wide array of policies available for different types of income protection, the task of choosing the right policy is tough. Every policy will have different terms and conditions for the claims, which if overlooked can lead to loss of requisite coverage. The premium charged for this kind of insurance will depend on several factors like:
Pre-existing health conditions
Additional features of the policy
It is sensible to visit a reliable website which provides information on income protection coverage available, premium rates and deferred period of the policies. The online calculators available on the websites can help you find the best suited policy for a specific income type, based on the information you provide. Insurance companies also provide free insurance quotes to help customers make the right choice.
It is sensible to protect yourself from the upheavals caused by the global financial crisis with comprehensive income protection insurance which is tailored to suit the specific income group and current financial situation.
Guard against the financial crisis with a suitable income protection policy. Visit www.incomeprotectioninsurance.net.au for more information on different types of coverage, premiums and policies which can be customized to meet the needs of every income group.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What the Hail is going on with Colorado Storms?
- Get The Best Home Insurance Leads From 50 States Insurance Leads
- Why Auto Insurance Providers Care About Your Past Claims
- Insurance, Blockchain & Oracles
- A Brief Guide to Cyber Liability Insurance
- Smart Questions for Your Insurance Broker, Perth Business Owners Should Ask
- All You Should Know About Product Liability Insurance
- Tips to Make Your Business Insurance Renewal Easier
- Brand Brand Nomberg & Rosenbaum, LLP; NYC Auto Accident Attorneys
- When and How to Go From Part Time to Full Time in the Motor Trade?
- What you need to know about Auto Insurance
- Proving a Defect Car Part Was Responsible for Your Car Accident
- Whose Insurance Pays for an Accident in a Rental Car?
- Loya's Auto Insurance Place
- Ocean Harbor Casualty Insurance Company
- Almost 140 year old Central Insurance Company
- Good2Go Auto Insurance Atlanta
- Independent Car Insurance Estimator
- Car Insurance Estimator Guide
- Citizens Insurance Michigan
- How to Get Accurate Car Insurance Estimate Online
- Understanding the basics and simple methodology of Auto Insurance
- How to Get Fred Loya Quote
- Automatic Direct Auto Insurance Quote
- Fred Loya Insurance – Local Insurance Company
- Citizens Insurance Michigan
- Go Auto Insurance - Specific Offers for Specific Needs
- What You Need to Know about Contacting Your Provider of Motorbike Insurance When Your Bike Is Stolen
- Using the Internet to Find Lower Cost Motorcycle Insurance
- How You Can Benefit from Black Box Insurance