What is Chorionic Villus Sampling (CVS)?
- Author Bruce Angarsky
- Published November 11, 2011
- Word count 679
What is Chorionic Villus Sampling (CVS)?
Cv's is an accepted and verified method of prenatal prognosis. During the CVS test, a little sample associated with cells (referred to as chorionic villi) is obtained from the placenta in which it connects to the walls of the uterus. Chorionic villi are very small parts of the actual placenta that are created from the fertilized egg cell, so they have the identical genes since the fetus.
For those who have certain threat factors, you might be offered Resumes as a way to detect birth flaws during early pregnancy. Whether or not you choose to have the test is up to you.
How's the test performed?
CVS demands appropriate hereditary counseling, including a detailed discussion regarding the hazards and benefits of the procedure.
At the time of initial discussion and counseling, an ultrasound exam exam is going to be performed to confirm gestational age (the event stage with the embryo) and the area of the placenta. This is accomplished so that Resumes can be performed on the appropriate gestational grow older (which is usually 10-12 weeks in the woman's final menstrual period).
There's two ways to collect chorionic villi from the placenta: with the vagina or perhaps through the belly.
To collect tissues through the vaginal area , a speculum will be inserted (in the same way as a Smear test). Then the very slender, plastic tube is put up the vagina and to the cervix. With ultrasound exam, the pipe is guided up to the actual placenta, where a tiny sample is slowly removed.
To collect cells through the abdomen , a slim needle is inserted from the woman's stomach to the placenta, much like amniocentesis.
The test of chorionic villi will be sent to the lab in which the cells are usually grown in the special water and analyzed a few days afterwards. Culture outcomes will be available within 7-10 nights. Your physician will directly inform you with the results.
Exactly what diseases or perhaps disorders can easily CVS determine?
CVS can help identify genetic problems such as Down syndrome or other innate diseases such as cystic fibrosis, Tay-Sachs disease as well as sickle cell condition. Since the method also identifies the sex of the fetus, it can help recognize disorders which can be linked to 1 sex (including certain types of muscular dystrophy which happen most often in males). CVS doesn't detect open neural tube defects. When you have CVS, you might like to consider creating a blood AFP test later during pregnancy to display for neural tube flaws.
What are the great things about CVS?
Cv's can be done previously in pregnancy compared to amniocentesis, and answers are usually obtained within 10 days. Getting this sort of information earlier allows a lady to make choices in the beginning stage of her pregnancy. If a girl chooses in order to terminate the pregnancy after receiving abnormal analyze results, her pregnancy termination is going to be safer as compared to if the lady waits regarding amniocentesis results.
Do you know the potential problems of CVS?
CVS may carry a slightly higher risk of miscarriage as compared to amniocentesis, since the process is done during the early pregnancy. An infection may also be the complication. Rare cases associated with limb penile deformation in babies have been documented, especially when Resumes was done prior to 9 months.
Who needs to be tested?
Your doctor can tell you about your likelihood of birth defects and the tests that are available. Each pregnancy differs from the others, and some threat may be concerned. Only you and your partner can choose whether or not you need to have this test. Testing needs to be offered to:
Pregnant women who will be 35 or more mature on their due date (the risk of giving birth with a chromosomal problem including Down symptoms increases with the age of the girl).
Couples that already have were built with a child using a birth deficiency or use a family history associated with certain birth defects.
Expecting mothers with other abnormal genetic analyze results.
These day there are large amount of methods to identify perhaps the many dangerous and serious diseases. One is CVS - Chorionic villus sampling. More information you can get here.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Midwifery Annual Congress 2019
- Gender Reveal Party Ideas With Color Powder
- So You Don't Sleep Well During Pregnancy? Read This Tips!
- The Naked Truth Now Exposed! "You Are Not The Only Person Concerned About The 5 Fat And Pregnant Childbirth Defects?"
- What is Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopic Surgery Methods - Simpler Operations
- Can You Take Tums While Pregnant?
- A List Of Healthy Food To Eat While Pregnant
- Making a Wise Choice with Free Printable Baby Shower Games
- PUPPP Treatments
- About PUPPP
- What is PUPPP?
- Different Baby Bottle Nipples
- Different Baby Bottle Brands
- Tips To Help You Enjoy Your Pregnancy!
- 5 Nutritional Foods to Eat When Pregnant
- How to Prepare for First Pregnancy
- 3D vs 4D Ultrasound
- Thermometers and Babies
- Pregnancy Naturally
- Finding a Fertility Doctor in the Greater Olathe Area
- Find a Missouri Fertility Clinic to Get Help Starting Your Family
- Get Pregnant With a Boy - It Is Possible To Conceive a Boy
- How An Abortion Pill Works
- Diet to Conceive a Boy - Ensure You Have A Baby Boy
- Issues to Consider with Egg Donation in Overland Park
- My View on Home and Water Birth As a Father and How I Prepared
- The Wonderful Benefits of Pre- and Postnatal Massage
- Finding A Donor Egg in Kansas City
- Fertility Specialist Kansas City - About Surrogacy
- A Primer on In Vitro Fertilization Kansas City Services