- Author Robin Johnson
- Published November 12, 2011
- Word count 549
The best gift a mother can give her child is a cocktail of nutrients that allows their baby to thrive. Flu fighting, immune boosting, brain food. Conveniently enough we mothers have this liquid gold that benefits babies and mothers alike. Whats more is it's free, easily accessible, always fresh, and always perfect for baby. Along with its countless other benefits breastfeeding helps baby and mother bond. Mothers benefit from breastfeeding as well. Baby weight is shed faster, uterus contracts to normal size sooner as if that's not enough good stuff breastfeeding also decreases the likelihood that mother will develop breast cancer later in life.
With all of the benefits breastfeeding provides, you may wonder why some mothers have issues at all. Leaking, engorged breasts, sore nipples with calluses that can strike a match will sometimes consume us and frustrate us to know end. A frustrated mommy means a frustrated baby. Add a baby that can't quite latch, stitches that feel ablaze with fire every time you pee, (and God forbid wipe) plus a pinch of sleep stir briskly and you begin to see how sometimes our emotions get the best of us.
It's important to realize that you are not alone. The swelling will go down, and you will be able to sit sans 'donut seat' sometime soon. Ask friends and family who have been down the path of mommy-hood and breastfed babies. Learn as much as you can about breastfeeding before giving birth if at all possible so you can remember the tricks of the trade. Lactation nurses will become your heroes in disguise. The single best resource you can always count on is La Leche League International. They have spread nationwide and chances are you can locate a chapter near you full of helpful moms who are more than happy to get you on the path to breastfeeding.
Learn how to position baby when breastfeeding. There are many different ways that mothers use. Some will pick one position or do a mixture of all of them. Breastfeeding is a beautiful natural act that you should never be ashamed or embarrassed of. However breastfeeding discreetly when you are out in public not only keeps creeps from staring at your milk jugs, but can make you feel more confident and of course covered. There are many products that loosely cover babies face and your chest that you may find suitable. Don't feel like you have no other options though.
If you have a baby sling you can carry baby hands free and breastfeed at the same time. This is super convenient to not only cover baby up but now you are not limited. No more feeling tied to a bench at the park, or being sequestered in a dirt ridden, smelly bathroom corner at the store, walk around while baby eats. Run for that matter. Ok so don't run that is not safe or smart. Plus the every step you jolt down could cause babies jaws to dig into your nipples and that would hurt. So don't do that. But shop in the store, walk around the fair, sink your toes in the sandy beach, mountain climb (again kidding). Be mom. A superhero who doesn't where a cape, only because they can't find a phone booth to change into.
There are no posted comments.
- Midwifery Annual Congress 2019
- Gender Reveal Party Ideas With Color Powder
- So You Don't Sleep Well During Pregnancy? Read This Tips!
- The Naked Truth Now Exposed! "You Are Not The Only Person Concerned About The 5 Fat And Pregnant Childbirth Defects?"
- What is Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopic Surgery Methods - Simpler Operations
- Can You Take Tums While Pregnant?
- A List Of Healthy Food To Eat While Pregnant
- Making a Wise Choice with Free Printable Baby Shower Games
- PUPPP Treatments
- About PUPPP
- What is PUPPP?
- Different Baby Bottle Nipples
- Different Baby Bottle Brands
- Tips To Help You Enjoy Your Pregnancy!
- 5 Nutritional Foods to Eat When Pregnant
- How to Prepare for First Pregnancy
- 3D vs 4D Ultrasound
- Thermometers and Babies
- Pregnancy Naturally
- Finding a Fertility Doctor in the Greater Olathe Area
- Find a Missouri Fertility Clinic to Get Help Starting Your Family
- Get Pregnant With a Boy - It Is Possible To Conceive a Boy
- How An Abortion Pill Works
- Diet to Conceive a Boy - Ensure You Have A Baby Boy
- Issues to Consider with Egg Donation in Overland Park
- My View on Home and Water Birth As a Father and How I Prepared
- The Wonderful Benefits of Pre- and Postnatal Massage
- Finding A Donor Egg in Kansas City
- Fertility Specialist Kansas City - About Surrogacy
- A Primer on In Vitro Fertilization Kansas City Services