Do You Know What To Do In A Car Accident?
- Author John Hawk
- Published November 12, 2011
- Word count 457
When you take your car out for a spin, you always leave plenty of room between you and the car in front of you. You brake slowly and deliberately. You rarely speed, and you never use your phone. But the driver behind you may not be so safe. He may have a lead foot. She may be trying to send a quick text. He may be weaving in and out of traffic recklessly. Next thing you know… SLAM! You’re rear-ended causing you both to lose control and spin off the highway into a field of trees. You’ve just had your first crash, and it wasn’t even your fault! Do you know what to do after a car accident?
It’s something we’ve all thought about at one time or another before getting behind the wheel. How would I react, and what would I do if I were involved in an auto accident? What if there are injuries? What should I say to the police or people at the scene? When it comes to car accident law, am I at fault? What’s the deal with car accident insurance claims? The questions are endless and so is the number of motor vehicle accidents that happen every single day. Will you be prepared if it happens to you?
What to Do After a Car Accident
The 5 Critical "Must Do’s" When in An Auto Accident:
Remain calm. Be sure no one is injured and needs care. If so, call 911.
Always call the police and have them fill out a report. Do not give your personal information, including your insurance info, to anyone other than the police officer. Do not leave the accident scene.
Get witnesses and leave the cars where they are. Photos may be helpful, but they’re easily doctored so opinions differ on how useful they might be.
Limit discussion of the accident. Speak only to the police officer or your insurance agent. Do not discuss fault or liability at scene of accident.
Report even minor accidents to your insurance agent. You’ll want to review coverages, next steps, whether it’s in your best interest to file a claim and if so, with whom.
Are You Prepared?
Even if you’ve never been in a car accident, you’ll save yourself worlds of hassle with just a little preparation. Knowing what actions to take and not take is a crucial part of protecting yourself in case that unlucky day ever comes. And equipping yourself with up-to-date insurance papers, a pen, paper and even a handy Auto Accident Report Folder for your vehicle can put you miles ahead when it comes to accident awareness. Contact our agency for your Auto Accident Report Folder.
At John Hawk Agency we put the client at center of everything we do. Every single person at our agency is focused squarely on the customer. Our conversations are needs based and consultative. More than 40% of their business comes from referrals from satisfied clients.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What the Hail is going on with Colorado Storms?
- Get The Best Home Insurance Leads From 50 States Insurance Leads
- Why Auto Insurance Providers Care About Your Past Claims
- Insurance, Blockchain & Oracles
- A Brief Guide to Cyber Liability Insurance
- Smart Questions for Your Insurance Broker, Perth Business Owners Should Ask
- All You Should Know About Product Liability Insurance
- Tips to Make Your Business Insurance Renewal Easier
- Brand Brand Nomberg & Rosenbaum, LLP; NYC Auto Accident Attorneys
- When and How to Go From Part Time to Full Time in the Motor Trade?
- What you need to know about Auto Insurance
- Proving a Defect Car Part Was Responsible for Your Car Accident
- Whose Insurance Pays for an Accident in a Rental Car?
- Loya's Auto Insurance Place
- Ocean Harbor Casualty Insurance Company
- Almost 140 year old Central Insurance Company
- Good2Go Auto Insurance Atlanta
- Independent Car Insurance Estimator
- Car Insurance Estimator Guide
- Citizens Insurance Michigan
- How to Get Accurate Car Insurance Estimate Online
- Understanding the basics and simple methodology of Auto Insurance
- How to Get Fred Loya Quote
- Automatic Direct Auto Insurance Quote
- Fred Loya Insurance – Local Insurance Company
- Citizens Insurance Michigan
- Go Auto Insurance - Specific Offers for Specific Needs
- What You Need to Know about Contacting Your Provider of Motorbike Insurance When Your Bike Is Stolen
- Using the Internet to Find Lower Cost Motorcycle Insurance
- How You Can Benefit from Black Box Insurance