Acid Reflux Symptoms in Pregnant Women
- Author Lynn Jones
- Published December 5, 2011
- Word count 664
In this article we will look at some acid reflux symptoms in pregnant women.
The reflux of stomach acid into the esophagus, causing irritation and burning sensation in the chest, known as acid reflux or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). .
There are several reasons that can cause acid reflux and increased acid flow is related to a combination of our diet, lifestyle and obesity.This condition can affect both men and women and acid reflux symptoms are generally the same in men and women. .However, pregnant women are more susceptible to acid reflux, especially in the second and third trimesters..
Acid reflux is a common condition in pregnant women. Nearly 20 percent of women experience heartburn and indigestion in the first three months of pregnancy. The number jumps to 45 percent in the second quarter and about 70 percent in the last three months.There may be several reasons for this disease, the increased hormone level is one of the most common causes. This is mainly because of the increased levels of the hormone progesterone during pregnancy, affects muscle function, in charge of closing the esophagus.
A weakening of this muscle allows back flow of stomach acid into the esophagus causing heartburn and acid reflux. Another cause of acid reflux during pregnancy is increasing pressure on the stomach due to the developing embryo.
The developing fetus causes a pressure in the upper digestive tract, forcing stomach contents into the esophagus. Now that you know what the causes of acid reflux symptoms in pregnant women, on to the symptoms of acid reflux in pregnant women.
Acid reflux symptoms in women are usually the same as anyone else suffering from this condition. The reflux of stomach acid can damage the lining of the esophagus and may cause irritation and discomfort.
Some Common Acid Reflux Symptoms in Pregnant Women:
These are some of the acid reflux symptoms in pregnant women. Overall, women experience nausea and vomiting in the first three months of pregnancy, followed by heartburn and indigestion in the second and third trimesters.
Generally, acid reflux symptoms experienced by pregnant women are mild, however it can be severe in some cases, causing much pain and discomfort. So, here are some tips to keep pregnant women away from acid reflux.
There are a number of steps can be taken to prevent acid reflux and indigestion during pregnancy. Changes in diet, sleep positions and lifestyle can help alleviate pain and discomfort caused by acid reflux without taking drugs that may harm the developing fetus. This is what you can do to avoid the problem of heartburn and acid reflux.There are several foods that cause acid reflux or trigger it… Here are some tips to help you avoid all these foods that cause acid reflux and help you stay away from this annoying condition.
The consumption of small meals throughout the day instead of three large, can help prevent acid reflux greatly. Drink plenty of water between meals helps to clean all the acid in the esophagus.In general it was observed that the problem of acid reflux worsens during sleep. This is due to a reclining position allows acid to flow more easily into the esophagus. Sleeping with your head elevated a few inches prevents stomach acid regurgitating.
Avoid smoking and alcoholic beverages as they tend to relax the esophageal sphincter muscle, causing back flow of stomach acids, causing pain and heartburn.
These are some of the preventive measures you can take to prevent acid reflux symptoms in pregnant women. However, if you continue to have heartburn and acid reflux, you could try these acid reflux remedies to provide significant relief of symptoms of acid reflux.
The symptoms of acid reflux disease vary from person to person and so does the effect of acid reflux remedies for pregnant women.It is advisable to consult your doctor if these acid reflux symptoms in pregnant women persist for a long period of time.
The Author have been writing articles for years. You can also check out his latest website: http://acidrefluxremedies.myweightlosssystem.com where he reviews acid reflux home remedies which contains reviews on the Acid Reflux Medications.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Midwifery Annual Congress 2019
- Gender Reveal Party Ideas With Color Powder
- So You Don't Sleep Well During Pregnancy? Read This Tips!
- The Naked Truth Now Exposed! "You Are Not The Only Person Concerned About The 5 Fat And Pregnant Childbirth Defects?"
- What is Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopic Surgery Methods - Simpler Operations
- Can You Take Tums While Pregnant?
- A List Of Healthy Food To Eat While Pregnant
- Making a Wise Choice with Free Printable Baby Shower Games
- PUPPP Treatments
- About PUPPP
- What is PUPPP?
- Different Baby Bottle Nipples
- Different Baby Bottle Brands
- Tips To Help You Enjoy Your Pregnancy!
- 5 Nutritional Foods to Eat When Pregnant
- How to Prepare for First Pregnancy
- 3D vs 4D Ultrasound
- Thermometers and Babies
- Pregnancy Naturally
- Finding a Fertility Doctor in the Greater Olathe Area
- Find a Missouri Fertility Clinic to Get Help Starting Your Family
- Get Pregnant With a Boy - It Is Possible To Conceive a Boy
- How An Abortion Pill Works
- Diet to Conceive a Boy - Ensure You Have A Baby Boy
- Issues to Consider with Egg Donation in Overland Park
- My View on Home and Water Birth As a Father and How I Prepared
- The Wonderful Benefits of Pre- and Postnatal Massage
- Finding A Donor Egg in Kansas City
- Fertility Specialist Kansas City - About Surrogacy
- A Primer on In Vitro Fertilization Kansas City Services