Egg Donation Fertility Option
- Author Kevin Schmiterson
- Published December 2, 2011
- Word count 404
As a woman ages, her ovaries make less eggs and the eggs that she already has tend to grow weaker making it difficult to conceive a child. Couples can choose egg donation when other fertility options have failed or when the inability to conceive is directly related to the woman's eggs or ovaries. Egg donation occurs when a woman donates her eggs to a reproduction facility in order to assist with processes including in-vitro fertilization. The facility takes the eggs and fertilizes them in a lab. Once the eggs are fertilized, they are then placed in the woman's uterus. Egg donation plays an important role in successful fertility treatments.
Women living in the Overland Park, KS area can easily contribute by donating eggs for a good cause. Each egg donated gives a couple experiencing infertility the chance to achieve the goal of starting a family. The use of donor eggs has been popular among in-vitro fertilization for over 25 years. Egg donation may be used in conjunction with sperm donation when necessary. It is just one of the many ways that couples can achieve pregnancy in lieu of infertility problems. Sperm may come from a donor or from the woman's husband when egg donation is used.
Donors are screened during the egg donation process to ensure that there is no existence of severe medical problems. Everything from blood type to drug use and the presence of STDs is checked by the facility that collects the eggs. The person that donates the eggs typically does not have to pay anything. Either the facility or the couple pays for the testing procedures as well as the donation of the eggs. A psychological evaluation is also typically used to limit the presence of emotional or mental problems. Physical and mental testing is an important process in egg donation selection.
Although women that agree to donate eggs undergo testing, the American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) keeps their information private at all times. Donators never have to worry about information regarding their physical or mental evaluation or even their ethnicity being released to someone they do not know. However, the screening process is necessary to ensure that a child will not suffer from STDs, severe deformities, or other potential serious health issues. Once a woman has provided a physical and mental evaluation, she may donate her eggs so that a couple may have a chance at a successful pregnancy.
Check-out information on how egg donation is one of the most successful fertility treatment options available to couples.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Midwifery Annual Congress 2019
- Gender Reveal Party Ideas With Color Powder
- So You Don't Sleep Well During Pregnancy? Read This Tips!
- The Naked Truth Now Exposed! "You Are Not The Only Person Concerned About The 5 Fat And Pregnant Childbirth Defects?"
- What is Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopic Surgery Methods - Simpler Operations
- Can You Take Tums While Pregnant?
- A List Of Healthy Food To Eat While Pregnant
- Making a Wise Choice with Free Printable Baby Shower Games
- PUPPP Treatments
- About PUPPP
- What is PUPPP?
- Different Baby Bottle Nipples
- Different Baby Bottle Brands
- Tips To Help You Enjoy Your Pregnancy!
- 5 Nutritional Foods to Eat When Pregnant
- How to Prepare for First Pregnancy
- 3D vs 4D Ultrasound
- Thermometers and Babies
- Pregnancy Naturally
- Finding a Fertility Doctor in the Greater Olathe Area
- Find a Missouri Fertility Clinic to Get Help Starting Your Family
- Get Pregnant With a Boy - It Is Possible To Conceive a Boy
- How An Abortion Pill Works
- Diet to Conceive a Boy - Ensure You Have A Baby Boy
- Issues to Consider with Egg Donation in Overland Park
- My View on Home and Water Birth As a Father and How I Prepared
- The Wonderful Benefits of Pre- and Postnatal Massage
- Finding A Donor Egg in Kansas City
- Fertility Specialist Kansas City - About Surrogacy
- A Primer on In Vitro Fertilization Kansas City Services