How To Reduce Gap Auto Insurance Premiums
- Author Sam Streubel
- Published February 6, 2012
- Word count 359
Gap insurance auto coverage is a necessity only if the following two conditions are present:
You finance the purchase of a new or used auto.
You make a down payment of under 20%.
And in a case where you take advantage of one of the numerous 0 down/60 month lending offers you definitely want gap protection.
Nevertheless even when you do require gap insurance, it's just necessary for as long as the outstanding loan balance exceeds the actual cash value of your car or truck. Usually what this means is a period of 21/2 to 3 years. So by the end of the 3rd year of installments the loan balance on your vehicle should be close to the cash value of your car or truck.
At this time the gap insurance could be terminated; but only if it was initially bought as a rider to a comprehensive policy sold by an insurance provider.
If, on the other hand, you purchase gap vehicle insurance protection from a auto dealer it cannot be terminated because you make a one time, up front payment.
Another significant difference between buying gap insurance from an insurance company or dealership is cost. Gap insurance coverage purchased using a auto dealer could cost varying from $500 - $700, while the same coverage bought through an insurance company will add only 5 or 6% to the price of your collision coverage, or about $30 annually.
So if your loan balance and the cash value of your automobile achieve parity within three years as suggested above, you'll have paid out a total of approximately $90 for gap protection as opposed to hundreds of dollars more for coverage from a auto dealer.
Now, as if $30 a year wasn’t affordable enough, it is possible to trim this amount even more. Since the cost of gap auto coverage is a percentage of the cost of comprehensive coverage, the less you pay for comprehensive collision coverage, the less you will pay for gap.
This provides a win, win scenario for each new car owner in need of gap insurance; especially if you have the time to evaluate a number of quotes from insurance carriers currently fighting for your business on television.
But not all insurance companies offer gap insurance auto coverage. For a list of those who do, please visit this selection of gap insurance providers.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What the Hail is going on with Colorado Storms?
- Get The Best Home Insurance Leads From 50 States Insurance Leads
- Why Auto Insurance Providers Care About Your Past Claims
- Insurance, Blockchain & Oracles
- A Brief Guide to Cyber Liability Insurance
- Smart Questions for Your Insurance Broker, Perth Business Owners Should Ask
- All You Should Know About Product Liability Insurance
- Tips to Make Your Business Insurance Renewal Easier
- Brand Brand Nomberg & Rosenbaum, LLP; NYC Auto Accident Attorneys
- When and How to Go From Part Time to Full Time in the Motor Trade?
- What you need to know about Auto Insurance
- Proving a Defect Car Part Was Responsible for Your Car Accident
- Whose Insurance Pays for an Accident in a Rental Car?
- Loya's Auto Insurance Place
- Ocean Harbor Casualty Insurance Company
- Almost 140 year old Central Insurance Company
- Good2Go Auto Insurance Atlanta
- Independent Car Insurance Estimator
- Car Insurance Estimator Guide
- Citizens Insurance Michigan
- How to Get Accurate Car Insurance Estimate Online
- Understanding the basics and simple methodology of Auto Insurance
- How to Get Fred Loya Quote
- Automatic Direct Auto Insurance Quote
- Fred Loya Insurance – Local Insurance Company
- Citizens Insurance Michigan
- Go Auto Insurance - Specific Offers for Specific Needs
- What You Need to Know about Contacting Your Provider of Motorbike Insurance When Your Bike Is Stolen
- Using the Internet to Find Lower Cost Motorcycle Insurance
- How You Can Benefit from Black Box Insurance