Guidelines For Weight Training Throughout Pregnancy
- Author Jared Dulle
- Published February 8, 2012
- Word count 561
There was a time when it was considered that pregnant women required plenty of bed rest with as little movement as possible and any form of exercise, even walking, was seen as the ultimate sin. However, nowadays, it has been shown that exercise, such as weight training, can actually be beneficial to both mother and child.
In this article, we will be discussing a few safe weight training methods you can use during your pregnancy to sculpt your body and stay fit.
One thing you should always watch for during your pregnancy is your breathing, irrespective of the type of exercise you are doing. This is extremely important when you are pregnant, even if it does bare remembering at other times too. First off, you should avoid intense exercise that leaves you out of breath. This means it's best to limit cardio exercises to moderate levels and lift lighter weights than you can handle. If you are breathing too hard, this can lead to undue pressure on your abdominal area and restrict the oxygen flow to the fetus. At this time, your goal should only be to stay fit and not improve your aerobic capacity. You need to avoid doing too much and straining yourself and the general rule is to ensure that your breathing is level when you exercise.
Exercise can be very beneficial during pregnancy but there are certain movements and positions to avoid. Don't do exercises that require you to bend from the hips and don't lift weights over your head. Don't do over head presses, for example, if you're lifting weights while pregnant. You should also avoid doing exercises that target the abdominal region. Exercises where you're lying flat on your stomach or back are also good ones to avoid. This may make it sound like you can't do anything, but there are actually many exercises you can do while standing or seated and that are safe to do during pregnancy.
How often to exercise during pregnancy is a common question. Your doctor can help you figure this out as there are several factors to consider. Your exercise habits prior to pregnancy do play a large role, however. Starting a vigorous program now if you didn't exercise before your pregnancy is not a good idea. However, if you had a consistent routine before, you may only need to modify it now. While you need to consider how you feel, a good routine would be three workouts a week that combine light stretching, cardio, and strength training.
There plenty of reasons you should exercise during your pregnancy and you should adhere to a workout designed to your particular situation, unless you have a medical condition that prevents it. It will not only make you feel better and reduce your stress levels, but it has benefits for your baby as well. You can reduce the intensity of back pain and joint issues with body sculpting and weight training, which will also help keep your muscles functioning properly. You will find that doctors routinely recommend to their patients that they exercise regularly for a variety of motives, including the issues presented in this article.
These hints may easily be useful for your needs throughout and also after the pregnancy period. Anyhow, in the event you among those females who have difficult to get pregnant, then look at the advice below.
Have you been struggling to conceive? Don't lose your hope!
Discover how you may get pregnant in a natural way in eight weeks with Pregnancy Miracle by Lisa Olson - the most recommended alternative remedies system on the internet or learn a little more about getting pregnant after 40 on this site.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Midwifery Annual Congress 2019
- Gender Reveal Party Ideas With Color Powder
- So You Don't Sleep Well During Pregnancy? Read This Tips!
- The Naked Truth Now Exposed! "You Are Not The Only Person Concerned About The 5 Fat And Pregnant Childbirth Defects?"
- What is Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopic Surgery Methods - Simpler Operations
- Can You Take Tums While Pregnant?
- A List Of Healthy Food To Eat While Pregnant
- Making a Wise Choice with Free Printable Baby Shower Games
- PUPPP Treatments
- About PUPPP
- What is PUPPP?
- Different Baby Bottle Nipples
- Different Baby Bottle Brands
- Tips To Help You Enjoy Your Pregnancy!
- 5 Nutritional Foods to Eat When Pregnant
- How to Prepare for First Pregnancy
- 3D vs 4D Ultrasound
- Thermometers and Babies
- Pregnancy Naturally
- Finding a Fertility Doctor in the Greater Olathe Area
- Find a Missouri Fertility Clinic to Get Help Starting Your Family
- Get Pregnant With a Boy - It Is Possible To Conceive a Boy
- How An Abortion Pill Works
- Diet to Conceive a Boy - Ensure You Have A Baby Boy
- Issues to Consider with Egg Donation in Overland Park
- My View on Home and Water Birth As a Father and How I Prepared
- The Wonderful Benefits of Pre- and Postnatal Massage
- Finding A Donor Egg in Kansas City
- Fertility Specialist Kansas City - About Surrogacy
- A Primer on In Vitro Fertilization Kansas City Services