Why You Shouldn't Smoke Through Pregnancy.
- Author Jared Dulle
- Published February 8, 2012
- Word count 498
The child of a mother who smokes during pregnancy is at risk for a long list of harmful effects. A single baby is not likely to develop all of the known issues but if you smoke while pregnant, you are guaranteeing your child will have at least some of them. Even though not too many studies have been done, there are too many known risks. We tend to feel there is a huge disconnect between what is known and what mothers, or potential mothers, are aware of concerning the risks. It is extremely important for women to know what the possibilities are if they smoke while pregnant. The following is information on just a few of the known consequences associated with smoking while pregnant.
If you are pregnant and want help to quit smoking, talk to your prenatal doctor or your family doctor. You can find various methods and products designed to help you quit smoking. Some of these aids still contain nicotine, however. A nicotine replacement patch, for example, puts nicotine into your bloodstream that can be absorbed by your baby. The nicotine in these patches is still a threat to your child's health even if it is better than inhaling the hundreds of carcinogenic chemicals found in cigarettes. Discussing the best approach for you with your doctor is still the recommended way to go. One very common problem caused by a mother smoking during pregnancy is low birth weight in their newborn baby. Then, there are additional complications that can arise from low birth weight. It is a proven fact that more than 20 percent of all babies born nationally are born with low birth weight conditions. Preterm labor is also common in mothers who smoke during pregnancy. Approximately 14% of preterm labors can be attributed to smoking during pregnancy. 10 percent of all infant mortality cases including SIDS can be attributed to smoking during pregnancy. According to the American Lung Association this is a true statistic.
The immediate, physical consequences of smoking while pregnant is naturally the focus. But, evidence is building that shows a correlation between smoking while pregnant and behavioral difficulties. For example, there is a range of problems including learning disabilities and general behavioral issues.
You can eliminate the common problems associated with smoking during pregnancy if you take action to quit smoking. The facts in this case are pretty black and white. Researching all the possible risks to your baby will provide further motivation to quit if you need it. The list goes all the way to infant death, still births, and a higher incidence of SIDS, or sudden infant death syndrome. Anyone can see that smoking during pregnancy is extremely harmful for your baby and for you.
These particular tips may easily be great for yourself in the time of as well as after the pregnancy time. Anyhow, in the event you one of the women who experience difficult to conceive a baby, then take a look at the bottom of this page.
Have you been struggling to fall pregnant? Don't lose hope!
Find out how you may fall pregnant the natural way in 2 months with the Pregnancy Miracle System - the most recommended alternative remedies ebook online or find more about how to get pregnant quick here.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Secure Pregnancy with pregnancy prediction horoscope free
- An Economic Solution to America’s Abortion Dilemma!
- How CBD May Interact With Birth Control
- Midwifery Annual Congress 2019
- Gender Reveal Party Ideas With Color Powder
- So You Don't Sleep Well During Pregnancy? Read This Tips!
- The Naked Truth Now Exposed! "You Are Not The Only Person Concerned About The 5 Fat And Pregnant Childbirth Defects?"
- What is Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopic Surgery Methods - Simpler Operations
- Can You Take Tums While Pregnant?
- A List Of Healthy Food To Eat While Pregnant
- Making a Wise Choice with Free Printable Baby Shower Games
- PUPPP Treatments
- About PUPPP
- What is PUPPP?
- Different Baby Bottle Nipples
- Different Baby Bottle Brands
- Tips To Help You Enjoy Your Pregnancy!
- 5 Nutritional Foods to Eat When Pregnant
- How to Prepare for First Pregnancy
- 3D vs 4D Ultrasound
- Thermometers and Babies
- Pregnancy Naturally
- Finding a Fertility Doctor in the Greater Olathe Area
- Find a Missouri Fertility Clinic to Get Help Starting Your Family
- Get Pregnant With a Boy - It Is Possible To Conceive a Boy
- How An Abortion Pill Works
- Diet to Conceive a Boy - Ensure You Have A Baby Boy
- Issues to Consider with Egg Donation in Overland Park
- My View on Home and Water Birth As a Father and How I Prepared
- The Wonderful Benefits of Pre- and Postnatal Massage