Job Stress and Your Health
Self-Improvement → Stress Management
- Author Gord And Gertie Guide
- Published February 29, 2012
- Word count 429
Many people will state that the number one source of stress in their lives is their job. There are varying degrees of job related stress but the majority will say they experience high levels of stress several times a week and one in four people have high levels of stress every day.
What you may not be aware of is that this type if stress can severely impact your health which ultimately can affect your life. Your body deals with stress in many ways and some can cause serious health problems.
Chronic or long term stress causes almost 80 percent of all illnesses. Weakened immune systems create havoc on our bodies and allow all types of diseases to take hold.
There are many symptoms that can cause related health issues but these are the most common we hear about.
Coronary heart disease
Increases in Colds and Flu
There are millions of dollars spent on stress related diseases and even more lost on salary and wages for those unable to work due to stress.
Job stress is at an all time high with smart phones and laptops keeping employees logged into work all hours day and night. Gone are the 40 hour work weeks and the expectations of working more hours to reap raises and bonuses are often unattainable. Even vacation time has become more of a luxury instead of a necessity.
Watch For The Signs
There are several key warning signs that may tell you that your stress levels are at dangerous levels.
Back and Neck pain
Over or under eating
If left unchecked, these issues can develop into serious medical problems over time.
Take the Steps
By identifying the major factors causing your stress, you can make changes to help get your stress levels back into balance. Look at your work environment and see if any changes can be made. If there are interpersonal issues, perhaps mediation can be arranged.
Examine your responsibilities, are you taking on too much? If your job cannot make any changes, perhaps a new job is the answer.
Taking care of the issues that you can will make a difference in taking back control. Change your home and sleep routines to put your health a top priority and schedule vacation and recreation time as the necessary requirements that they are.
All jobs are stressful in some capacity and it is in our best interest to learn how to see the signs before the negative effects impact our health. We are worth it.
Got a burning question about job stress and your health? Grandpa Gord and Grandma Gertie put a sensible spin on expert advice, with a little humor thrown into the mix. We cover topics ranging from pets to parenting, careers to hobbies, relationships to lifestyle, finances to food, and everything in between. Visit us at http://sensibleguides.com for some simple and straight from the hip advice from people who’ve been around the block a few times.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to perform international calls in English without stress?
- My “Worry” Epiphany
- Which Hurts ... Sticks, Stones, or Words?
- Love them or hate them, exams are part of school life - let's sort out the stress involved.
- Play Fully
- Stress Management?
- Bruxism: What It Is & How to Tell If You Have It
- Can Stress Hurt Your Teeth and Jaw?
- Chase Your Brain! - A quick tip on revision procrastination
- The Inevitability of Change
- Why Do Some People Get Angry Easily Than Others?
- What Are Stress Tablets and Why You Need Them
- Stress from COVID is making male hair loss worse - it’s time to do something about it.
- Most popular nature sounds for stress relief
- Meditation Enhances Cooperation
- 5 Things All Working Millennial Women Can Do to Keep the Stress at Bay
- 6 Effective Ways to be relieved from Stress
- Shower Meditation
- Guide on High School Preparation for Law School
- Resiliency Clues From Marvel Characters & Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Nationally Recognized Psychotherapist Bill Benson, LMFT, LPCC Questions the Commonly Held Definition of Stress
- Midlife Crisis is a scam
- 5 Keys To Stress Relief
- The Stress Cure - Is Stress Zapping Your Memory?
- What to do About Stress?
- Eliminate Time Clutter - Create A Not To Do List
- How Stressful Thinking Impacts You
- How much time do you waste each day doing routine things?
- What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger. It’s True!
- Are Your Friends There When You Need Them?