Stopping Panic Attacks Naturally
Self-Improvement → Stress Management
- Author Michael Bridges
- Published April 14, 2012
- Word count 408
Stopping panic attacks is the goal of everybody who suffers with them. After all these attacks can come on without warning and can be extremely terrifying if left unchecked. In a lot of cases the attacks can worsen the more of them you have. Panic attack treatment may be required to get the situation under control and return you to a normal life.
What the actual causes of these attacks are is not really clear. However, there are links to what can trigger a panic attack. Things like stress, or major life transitions like a new job, marriage, having a baby or moving to a new place. If you suffer from agoraphobia, which is the fear of public places, this can bring on an attack. Anxiety about any situation is also culpable for causing an incident of panic.
Part of stopping panic attacks can be as simple as avoiding the triggers. Some triggers are unavoidable of course, but learning what triggers your attacks is a step in the right direction and once you know the triggers avoid the ones that you can.
Here are some other things you can do that will help you with dealing with panic attacks.
Meditation and relaxation techniques can help you to relax your mind and body so that the anxiety doesn’t take over. Remember the fear or anxiety you are feeling is really all in your mind. If you take control of your mind you can control the fear you are feeling.
Cut down or cut out your intake of stimulants, depressants or any other mood altering substances like alcohol, caffeine, nicotine and others. These substances can keep your body’s natural defenses from working to help you in stopping panic attacks.
Deep breathing is helpful when you feel an attack coming on. This method of breathing in slowly through the nose and exhaling slowly from the mouth is helpful in letting you concentrate on your breathing, which eases your mind.
Living healthier is a good deterrent of panic attacks. A healthy diet and exercise can make you feel better and has been proven to reduce anxiety.
Of course there are medicines that can help you cope with attacks and therapy that helps you deal, but if you’re looking for ways of stopping panic attacks in a natural way the methods just mentioned will help.
I hope you found this article helpful and that you find relief from your problem.
There is a program called Panic Away that is showing people how to stop panic attacks naturally. It was created by a frustrated former sufferer who found it hard to find anyone or anything to help him stop the problem not just cope with it. This program shows you natural ways of stopping the problem all together.
The link below will take you to a page where you can get more info about Panic Away.
http://www.squidoo.com/discover-how-to-stop-panic-attacks-naturallyArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Checklist for the Essential Elements of Good Mental Health
- How to perform international calls in English without stress?
- My “Worry” Epiphany
- Which Hurts ... Sticks, Stones, or Words?
- Love them or hate them, exams are part of school life - let's sort out the stress involved.
- Play Fully
- Stress Management?
- Bruxism: What It Is & How to Tell If You Have It
- Can Stress Hurt Your Teeth and Jaw?
- Chase Your Brain! - A quick tip on revision procrastination
- The Inevitability of Change
- Why Do Some People Get Angry Easily Than Others?
- What Are Stress Tablets and Why You Need Them
- Stress from COVID is making male hair loss worse - it’s time to do something about it.
- Most popular nature sounds for stress relief
- Meditation Enhances Cooperation
- 5 Things All Working Millennial Women Can Do to Keep the Stress at Bay
- 6 Effective Ways to be relieved from Stress
- Shower Meditation
- Guide on High School Preparation for Law School
- Resiliency Clues From Marvel Characters & Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Nationally Recognized Psychotherapist Bill Benson, LMFT, LPCC Questions the Commonly Held Definition of Stress
- Midlife Crisis is a scam
- 5 Keys To Stress Relief
- The Stress Cure - Is Stress Zapping Your Memory?
- What to do About Stress?
- Eliminate Time Clutter - Create A Not To Do List
- How Stressful Thinking Impacts You
- How much time do you waste each day doing routine things?
- What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger. It’s True!