Used Heavy Truck – Why Used is the Best Choice
- Author Dunlop Sterling
- Published April 24, 2012
- Word count 582
A used heavy truck may not always be the top choice for most people but when considering the cost of brand new ones, it sometimes leaves people no choice but to get used. While it may not be an ideal situation, there are actually great benefits that come along with a used heavy truck that you simply wouldn’t get with a new heavy truck.
If you require some convincing for checking out used heavy truck models and options, consider the following before dismissing them altogether:
The first and most obvious benefit of choosing used heavy trucks is for the simple fact that you can save a lot of money. While brand new may seem to have all the bells and whistles that anyone would want, not to mention guaranteed safety, it’s actually very important to remember that brand new does not mean safest or most reliable.
Used trucks have usually had a pretty good run to show that the engine and equipment are in proper working order, they are regularly inspected and have a thorough once over before going out on the market for resale.
There are many people who consider purchasing a used heavy truck a better investment than if they were to buy a brand new heavy truck. While it may seem like it should be the other way around, brand new trucks are just like brand new cars, where they will immediately lose most of their value the moment they are driven off the lot. This becomes a big hit on the wallet, especially if you are considering using the truck for a fairly limited time, or simply change your mind after a short period of time.
Post Purchase Support
When it comes to used truck sales and purchases, it’s important to get proper post purchase support to ensure you are properly covered for any problems that may arise within the first year or two. Generally, certified used heavy truck dealers will be fully certified for sales, inspections, repairs and will offer their customers a generous but limited time for repairs and replacements on all used truck models that they have.
While most dealers will offer full coverage and even have an extended plan that customers are free to choose, you should still check out all of the details included for these warrantees. Even after a warrantee period has ended for customers, there are dealers who are willing to offer great price deals for service and repair jobs on models that were sold from them.
Upgrade and Repair Options
One final benefit to consider for used truck purchases is the fact that most popular models will have several options for helpful upgrades along with many resources for repairing the truck and its components. Sometimes newer models will be difficult or very expensive to upgrade or will have more specialized parts that are difficult to come by compared to used older models. These options make the used models more convenient for quick fixes on the road or have the option to change up parts to work with your needs whenever you need them.
Used heavy trucks are a great investment for anyone wanting to save money and get a reliable vehicle for their needs. By choosing a popular model that’s been properly checked and repaired, you will be able to safely drive on the road knowing that professionals took care of the truck and will offer assistance when you need it most.
There are no posted comments.
- Benefits of Leasing a Van or Truck for Your Small Business
- Vehicular Performance - Miles vs. Hours
- IFTA Calculation through ELD and Fleet Management
- MA 1080 – Telematics wonder by Matrack
- How to reduce Driver Detention?
- Transition from AOBRD to ELD
- The Truck Drivers of the Future - Millennials
- Combating Cargo Theft
- How to find a good trucking company?
- Customise Your Ute With Ute Storage Drawers
- 5 Significant Factors You Should Consider Before Renting a Vehicle
- Do You Need a Truck Rack?
- Self-Driven Vehicles Testing Guidelines Tightened
- Driver Buddy The Latest Technology in Driver Management.
- 5 Reasons to Begin a Career as a Truck Driver
- Buying A Used Forklift
- Increased Fatality Rates Due to Commercial Truck Rollover Accidents
- Train Air Horns Sound
- 6 fascinating facts about Caterpillar
- The world’s biggest and deepest mines
- Featured Equipment: Komatsu WA500-3 Loader
- How Cargo Vans Can Uplift Your Business
- Tax deductions to drive plant and equipment sales
- How to avoid truck blind spots
- How we remain safe on the road and you can too
- Hall of Fame celebrates our Aussie truckers
- The future of Australian mining metals: liquid natural gas
- Top 5 facts about the largest Caterpillar wheel loader
- Turbo Diesel Pick Up Trucks and Fuel Dilution Issues
- Truck Accessories-Many fix real troubles