How To Cope With Pressure At Work
Self-Improvement → Stress Management
- Author Roseanna Leaton
- Published May 5, 2012
- Word count 575
Do You Work Well Under Pressure? Pressure can take many forms and have an even greater variety of effects. There's emotional pressure, time constraints, dead lines to meet, expectations to be fulfilled and endless tasks that may have to be juggled. Some pressure is entirely of our own choosing and making whilst at other times we feel as if we are being buffeted by outside forces.
I was sent a photograph by a friend yesterday of her graduation. She has spent the last three or four years completing an MBA in her spare time whilst also holding down an important and many would say stressful full time job. A lot of "time juggling" went on in her life; of that I'm sure, between her employment, MBA work, her husband, family, hobbies and friends. I don't think I have seen such a beaming smile in a graduation photograph before!
The pressures she had dealt with were of her own choosing and she coped with them brilliantly. It was still pressure though and a huge relief to get that MBA over and done with.
Another friend mentioned in passing the effect of emotional pressure upon her life. Her father had passed away and also a couple of other friends and relatives in a fairly short period of time. She passed the comment that she just couldn’t seem to concentrate. She couldn’t focus. Even her golf game had "gone to pot".
Emotional pressure is probably the worst type of pressure to deal with, and it doesn't just affect you in the confines of your own home. Losing someone you love is stressful. Even when a distant acquaintance passes away you inevitably have an emotional reaction. As someone commented the other day "I never used to know where my black tie was. Now I do". He was making the point that he was becoming concerned about how vulnerable we are in life and what a fragile hold upon it we have.
Stress at work and pressure in the work place is inevitable in the current financial conditions. Countries teeter on the verge bankruptcy, yet alone States and smaller enterprises. Employees frequently work longer hours for lower wages, slashed bonuses and reduced pensions. They also make the effort to become better qualified and so more invaluable to their bosses. There is a lot of unusual pressure in the workplace, on top of the pressures that always existed in business.
You have to learn how to compartmentalize your work. You have to be able to switch off and relax and not take your work home. You have to be able to let go of worries and fears and make the most of the situation. Whilst some people have the "knack" for doing this, others are not so lucky. Some people dwell upon the pressures and suffer beneath their weight.
Using self-hypnosis is a very real way to relax, switch off and change your focus. Hypnosis in itself is a state of relaxation and so just by using hypnosis you will immediately feel calm and peaceful. Additionally hypnosis provides access to your subconscious mind that enables you to change your instinctive thought patterns, reactions and behaviors. Hypnosis provides a very efficient method of coping with pressure.
Roseanna Leaton, specialist in hypnosis downloads to help you to cope with pressure.
P.S. Discover how to relax and focus your mind with hypnosis. Grab a free hypnosis download from my website now.
Grab yourself a free hypnosis mp3 from http://www.RoseannaLeaton.com and view her library of hypnosis downloads downloads and get help to cope with pressure.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Checklist for the Essential Elements of Good Mental Health
- How to perform international calls in English without stress?
- My “Worry” Epiphany
- Which Hurts ... Sticks, Stones, or Words?
- Love them or hate them, exams are part of school life - let's sort out the stress involved.
- Play Fully
- Stress Management?
- Bruxism: What It Is & How to Tell If You Have It
- Can Stress Hurt Your Teeth and Jaw?
- Chase Your Brain! - A quick tip on revision procrastination
- The Inevitability of Change
- Why Do Some People Get Angry Easily Than Others?
- What Are Stress Tablets and Why You Need Them
- Stress from COVID is making male hair loss worse - it’s time to do something about it.
- Most popular nature sounds for stress relief
- Meditation Enhances Cooperation
- 5 Things All Working Millennial Women Can Do to Keep the Stress at Bay
- 6 Effective Ways to be relieved from Stress
- Shower Meditation
- Guide on High School Preparation for Law School
- Resiliency Clues From Marvel Characters & Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Nationally Recognized Psychotherapist Bill Benson, LMFT, LPCC Questions the Commonly Held Definition of Stress
- Midlife Crisis is a scam
- 5 Keys To Stress Relief
- The Stress Cure - Is Stress Zapping Your Memory?
- What to do About Stress?
- Eliminate Time Clutter - Create A Not To Do List
- How Stressful Thinking Impacts You
- How much time do you waste each day doing routine things?
- What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger. It’s True!