Car Insurance For Teens
- Author Matt Black
- Published April 23, 2012
- Word count 624
Teens are a group which insurers consider to be a high risk group of drivers. This means that finding car insurance at affordable rates can be incredibly difficult. But there are ways to find car insurance for teens, and they needn’t be difficult to follow.
Why Do Teens Have Problems Finding Car Insurance?
Teens tend to have trouble finding car insurance because of their inexperience. This inexperience comes mainly because of their age, but it also comes about due to the fact that any teen with a driving license won’t have had it long. This naturally means that teens will have a higher risk of making a mistake and, as a result, having some sort of accident.
And the reason that insurance companies raise their rates for teens is not down to any blind stereotypes because there is scientific evidence shown from countless studies that younger people do tend to have more accidents than experienced drivers.
What Can Teens Do?
There are a number of things teens can do. Some of these methods are practical and some are not, but the following are just some of the things which can influence the car insurance rates for teens:
• The type of car driven
• A driver’s academic record
• Marital status
• Safety features
• Different insurance companies
Type of Car Driven
The type of car driven will have a major influence on the insurance premiums for teens. Nothing creates a big red flag for insurance firms more than a teen with less than a year’s driving experience who wants to drive a really expensive car. This is a big risk for insurers, and some insurers won’t even offer a policy at any affordable price.
The best option is to choose a car which is cheap and easily repaired because if an accident does happen then the insurance firm won’t be paying out a large amount.
This is quite a strange factor which comes into play, but there are studies which show that students with better academic records are less likely to have an accident. Insurers have taken the results of these studies on board which means that those students who have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.2 or more will see lower insurance premiums.
For most teenagers, this is not really a viable option. But if a teen is intending to get married then this can dramatically reduce the amount of money they will have to pay for auto insurance. Studies have shown that those teens who have kids or who have a wife will be more responsible when it comes to making decisions on the road. This translates to lower premiums for those teens.
The more safety features that are applied to the vehicle the teen is attempting to insure the lower the premiums will get. This applies to safety features which protect the car from theft and damage and the individual from any personal injuries.
The following are just some of the safety features which can work to lower the premiums associated with a car insurance policy:
• Anti-lock brakes
• Engine immobilizer
• Car alarm
• Storing the car in a garage
• Automatic seat belts
Different Insurance Companies
Even if all of the above tips are followed, it’s still best to compare all of the different insurance companies in order to get the best deal. However, it’s not practical to call on each insurance company individually. This is where the insurance comparison site comes in.
Simply open up a variety of comparison websites and follow all of the instructions given on these websites. It’s best to use a variety of websites because this will make sure that the results given are more accurate.
Save Up To $500 On Auto Insurance by Comparing Multiple Cheap Car Insurance Quotes Let us help you Find the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes and Coverage!Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What the Hail is going on with Colorado Storms?
- Get The Best Home Insurance Leads From 50 States Insurance Leads
- Why Auto Insurance Providers Care About Your Past Claims
- Insurance, Blockchain & Oracles
- A Brief Guide to Cyber Liability Insurance
- Smart Questions for Your Insurance Broker, Perth Business Owners Should Ask
- All You Should Know About Product Liability Insurance
- Tips to Make Your Business Insurance Renewal Easier
- Brand Brand Nomberg & Rosenbaum, LLP; NYC Auto Accident Attorneys
- When and How to Go From Part Time to Full Time in the Motor Trade?
- What you need to know about Auto Insurance
- Proving a Defect Car Part Was Responsible for Your Car Accident
- Whose Insurance Pays for an Accident in a Rental Car?
- Loya's Auto Insurance Place
- Ocean Harbor Casualty Insurance Company
- Almost 140 year old Central Insurance Company
- Good2Go Auto Insurance Atlanta
- Independent Car Insurance Estimator
- Car Insurance Estimator Guide
- Citizens Insurance Michigan
- How to Get Accurate Car Insurance Estimate Online
- Understanding the basics and simple methodology of Auto Insurance
- How to Get Fred Loya Quote
- Automatic Direct Auto Insurance Quote
- Fred Loya Insurance – Local Insurance Company
- Citizens Insurance Michigan
- Go Auto Insurance - Specific Offers for Specific Needs
- What You Need to Know about Contacting Your Provider of Motorbike Insurance When Your Bike Is Stolen
- Using the Internet to Find Lower Cost Motorcycle Insurance
- How You Can Benefit from Black Box Insurance