Fertility Treatment is an option for couples trying to have a baby
- Author Francesca Knap
- Published June 25, 2012
- Word count 585
Having a baby could be one of the most important events in a couple's life. They might be yearning for a baby, but fate seems to have turned a blind eye to their wishes and that's when they turn to outside help. Infertility is when a woman is unable to conceive. The problems lie with either one of the spouses or both of them. The most common infertility problem in women is blocked fallopian tubes. And in men, the most common problem could be the lack of enough sperms. Infertility is diagnosed at a fertility clinic whether the couples have to undergo a series of tests and one to one meetings with their doctor.
Choosing a fertility clinic is a major concern. The proximity of the clinic, success ratio and rates charged there are the major factors that determine the choice. There are different methods to treat infertility and the doctor will advise them on the various techniques, including the chances of success for each. The couples have to weigh the pros and cons of each option before deciding to go ahead with the treatment.
Women's health is a major concern when couples decide to go ahead with fertility treatment. Normally, the chances of getting pregnant reduce as the woman ages. If a woman is not able to conceive even after having unprotected intercourse for more than a year, then she or her partner could be infertile. Only further tests can confirm whether that is true. The type of treatment chosen for an older woman will depend on a lot on women's health.
People have to go for different kinds of fertility treatments to get their reproductive system working in the right order. First, the fertility clinic will give some drugs to make sure the reproductive cycle for the women and the sperm count for men are balanced. Next, the clinic will simultaneously start on other treatments depending upon the severity of the problem. Artificial insemination is the most common form of treatment. Sperms from the partner will be placed in the woman's uterus and it will be observed closely. However, this treatment will not work if the woman has blocked fallopian tubes, ovarian cysts, fibroids, endometriosis or any other genetic effect. In certain cases, surgery is the only option where the blocked fallopian tubes are repaired or cleared. It could be an extensive surgery or a simple one.
In Vitro Fertilization is done for women with blocked fallopian tubes. The eggs that are fertilized with the help of fertility drugs are taken from the ovaries and copulated in a dish at the laboratory. The end result will be an embryo. Once the embryos are ready to be placed inside the uterus, the doctor will save a few embryos for another cycle if the first doesn't work. This treatment will take about 4-6 weeks to see results.
Getting ready for fertility treatment is a decision made by both the couples and they have to reach a decision on far they are ready to go. Once the treatment is started there is no choice, but to go forward with the complete treatment in order to see positive results. Often couples have to go through stressful moments when they wait to see if the treatment has worked. It could be uncomfortable and could make the couple high strung. Relationships could go from bad to worse, but the couples should realise that the success of the treatment will depend on each person's physical health, luck and mutual understanding.
There are no posted comments.
- How CBD May Interact With Birth Control
- Midwifery Annual Congress 2019
- Gender Reveal Party Ideas With Color Powder
- So You Don't Sleep Well During Pregnancy? Read This Tips!
- The Naked Truth Now Exposed! "You Are Not The Only Person Concerned About The 5 Fat And Pregnant Childbirth Defects?"
- What is Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopic Surgery Methods - Simpler Operations
- Can You Take Tums While Pregnant?
- A List Of Healthy Food To Eat While Pregnant
- Making a Wise Choice with Free Printable Baby Shower Games
- PUPPP Treatments
- About PUPPP
- What is PUPPP?
- Different Baby Bottle Nipples
- Different Baby Bottle Brands
- Tips To Help You Enjoy Your Pregnancy!
- 5 Nutritional Foods to Eat When Pregnant
- How to Prepare for First Pregnancy
- 3D vs 4D Ultrasound
- Thermometers and Babies
- Pregnancy Naturally
- Finding a Fertility Doctor in the Greater Olathe Area
- Find a Missouri Fertility Clinic to Get Help Starting Your Family
- Get Pregnant With a Boy - It Is Possible To Conceive a Boy
- How An Abortion Pill Works
- Diet to Conceive a Boy - Ensure You Have A Baby Boy
- Issues to Consider with Egg Donation in Overland Park
- My View on Home and Water Birth As a Father and How I Prepared
- The Wonderful Benefits of Pre- and Postnatal Massage
- Finding A Donor Egg in Kansas City
- Fertility Specialist Kansas City - About Surrogacy