Elements of an Easy, Safe Modern Living: Medical Alarm and Other Advanced Products for Seniors
- Author Stefanie Jeanne
- Published October 7, 2012
- Word count 707
Aside from the more common senior-targeted products such as the medical alarm and other medication-related automatic dispensers, there are several other products that can help you ensure a happy, safe modern living for your aging parent.
Apple’s iPad: well, aside from being a highly popular gadget, Apple’s iPad (the touch-screen tablet computer that has revolutionized and pumped new vigor into what used to be a lack-luster market) has also been found by researchers in Tokyo, Japan to be particularly very helpful for seniors. The iPad is so easy to use, and its interface is highly intuitive—even people with no prior experience with computers can delight in using the tablet. With currently hundreds of thousands of applications that can be downloaded on the iPad, the functionalities of this tablet computer are further extended—there is practically an application out there for everything a person might need, and there is a category of apps that are designed specifically for the usage of seniors.
Automatic medication management: a common challenge for seniors is the increasing difficulty in managing a growing number of daily maintenance medications. The situation is serious enough (any simple mistake in taking the wrong pill or taking the right pill in incorrect dosages could mess up a senior’s fragile physical constitution) that it has warranted many products that provide assistance in this area. One such product is the E-pill Cadex 12 Alarm Medication Reminder Watch and Medical ID. Yes, it is a digital watch with so many other useful functionalities designed to help the senior to always do the right thing when it comes to medication. Wearing the E-pill Cadex 12 watch means the senior can keep tabs of which medicine to take at what time of the day—its alarm reminder is easy to program and can accept up to 12 medication alarms a day. Not only that, the watch’s face also displays the name of the pill to take. It also serves as a medical ID, which allows the user to store vital medical information such as existing allergies, blood type, phone numbers for health insurance, and existing medical conditions—such information can be very handy in the event of an emergency.
"Talking" devices: "talking" devices are gadgets or tools that inform the user audibly. Such devices are especially useful for seniors whose sense of vision is diminishing or at least not as sharp as it used to be. A good example of such a talking device is a digital talking thermometer—the good ones can "say" the temperature reading while providing a clear visual display. There is also a Talking Rx Prescription Reader, which is basically a self-contained unit that records the patient’s prescription instructions (as provided by the caregiver, doctor or pharmacist), and all the user has to do is press a red button to listen to the recording. This "talking" functionality is also extended in certain devices in the kitchen—there is a talking microwave oven, for example, that features a speaking countdown timer to ensure accurate timing for any possible purpose.
Grip extension tools: accidental falls is becoming increasingly common among seniors, and one good way to avoid it is by giving seniors the option to not physically try too hard. This is where products like the Ettore Grip ‘n Grab comes in—by extending a person’s reach, seniors would not have to stand on a stool in order to get to hard to reach places in their house. The grabber features a pivoting rubberized head, and gripping can work both ways—it can be used to get things in high location, as well as pick up things from the floor (if bending down is difficult for the senior).
Medical alarm: as we’ve said, this is a device that is simply a must-have for all seniors, especially for those who live alone. A personal alarm device—wearable as a bracelet of necklace pendant—makes it possible for the wearer to get instant help in the event of any emergency, medical or not.
Thanks to the countless advances in technology and the innovation of product designers, there are many products available in the market now that significantly extend a senior’s capabilities and help ensure their safety.
Rescue Alert of California™ has been enabling senior citizens to live safe, happy and independent lives through education and quality medical alarms for over a decade. To read the full article, please visit Elements of an easy safe modern livingArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Insurance Industry inflicts more pain on COVID affected Care Homes
- Knoxville Funeral Services: Five Benefits of Pre-Planning Services
- The Gentry Griffey Knoxville Funeral Home Understands How You Feel.
- Programs and Services for the Elderly in California
- How To Spend This Summer With Your Elderly Parents
- Cost Of Assisted Living in your State
- Signs of Nursing Home Neglect and Elder Abuse
- The Financial Side of Being a Caregiver
- A Senior Living Neighborhood Can Be Life Transforming
- Management of Hypertension in Seniors | Best Practices
- How Utilizing A Hoyer Lift Is Actually Better For Patient Care
- Medical Alert Systems and In Home Care Can Combat Rising Healthcare Costs
- Sound Advice On How To Stay Young
- Medical Alert Systems and Signs Your Aging Parents Need Help: What you Need to Know
- Why Caregivers and Doctors Recommend Medical Alert Systems
- Medical Alert: Enabling Seniors to Connect Instantly to Caregivers
- How to Choose the Right Home Care for Your Loved One in Kansas City?
- Wood shower benches: Top Tips to Care for them
- The Reasons Why You Should Consider Making a Difference as a Hospice Volunteer
- The 64-dollar Question for Seniors: Is Social Networking Good for You?
- Personal Care in Kansas City - How It's Done
- Caregiving – A Stressful Calling
- Hospice Services - Understanding What to Look For
- Non-medical Ways Medical Alarm Systems Can Save Your Life
- Home Care in Overland Park - Essential Attributes of a Good Caregiver
- Creative Senior Adults Busily Painting Masterpieces
- Integrating a Senior Medical Alert System with Exercises to Help Prevent Falls
- Senior Medical Alert Versus Expensive Senior Care Housing Costs
- Alarm Services Help Seniors Stay Independent