Wood shower benches: Top Tips to Care for them
- Author Ivana Williams
- Published December 23, 2012
- Word count 518
Shower benches are useful addition to the shower as aids for the elderly, physically-challenged, or for those who require extra assistance in the shower. The prime issue in taking care of such benches, especially for the wood types, is keeping mold and mildew at bay. If fail to ensure, they can eat away them gradually.
A shower is always a great potential place to supply moisture. Here mold flourishes upon. Uncared for long, the furniture may sag. To protect them, their owners need to follow a few simple maintenance steps.
Wipe down the wood shower benches after use each time. If moisture is left for long period of time, the mold and mildew will form. Keeping the bench dry would be a good idea to prevent the growth of mold. Unless it is kept dry, it will ruin the wood.
Owners may fill a spray bottle with white distilled vinegar and warm water. Make sure they spray down the wooden benches with vinegar cleaning mixture. Sponging would also be a good idea. Wash with warm water. Use a towel to dry the bench. Make sure this way they use the vinegar once in a week to keep mold at bay.
Baking soda paste for visible mold and mildew is a best medicine for their care. Use a cup of baking soda and mix a few tablespoon of water with it to make a paste. Add water to make the paste thicker.
What owners of them should not do is they should not bleach to clean the benches. Bleaching may lead to creating cracks. To wash redwood, cedar, or teak shower benches, use of mild soap and warm water could be the best consideration as they can wipe mold and mildew completely. Make sure the products are dried after use each time.
Add style and comfort to your shower, sauna, bathroom, or outdoor or indoor space. Install such a bench to these places to amp up the beauty and utility. Ensure you are making a purchase of good quality wooden bench. There are a wide variety of woods in the market. Among them, California redwood is the most popular.
Any California redwood furniture, be it indoor or outdoor furniture, usually last a lifetime. They are naturally sturdy. For, redwood trees grow over centuries and their logs are left to season with all climatic conditions. For this reason, while buying them make sure you drill down the redwood furniture market.
At the time of buying a redwood shower bench, focus on the product quality rather than on amount of investment. Plastic, aluminum, ordinary wood shower benches may cost very little, but they may not live up to regular users’ expectations. To the contrary, the California redwood furniture might cost a little bit higher, but when you think of longevity and look, you will then surely go in for redwood products. These products outlast and outperform all other product types. Performance of the California redwood furniture is just unbeatable! Owning and using them requires little care and maintenance. Why then would you not buy if you are free from caring persistently?
Forever Redwood manufactures unique sorts of outdoor picnic tables. Redwood is the most preferred wood that this company uses. All sizes, shapes and designs of rectangular folding table, outdoor tables are created by this company and are distributed across almost all places of the world.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Latest Innovations in Technology for Seniors
- Things to consider before buying a retirement property
- Is There Any Such Thing as Being Too Old for Dental Implants?
- 4 Reasons Regular Dental Care for Seniors in Assisted Living Is Important
- Paying for Long Term Care
- Why the job of a carer is vital at Christmas
- 7 Things To Know To Help Aging Veterans
- Simple Medical Alert Devices For Seniors
- Seniors Places Connect Independent Living, Assisted Living & Memory Care Communities
- Is It a Miracle or a Coincidence?
- The Importance of Dental Care for Seniors
- How Commercial Cleaning Can Benefit Your Business
- Goodbye Momma...
- Insurance Industry inflicts more pain on COVID affected Care Homes
- Knoxville Funeral Services: Five Benefits of Pre-Planning Services
- The Gentry Griffey Knoxville Funeral Home Understands How You Feel.
- Programs and Services for the Elderly in California
- How To Spend This Summer With Your Elderly Parents
- Cost Of Assisted Living in your State
- Signs of Nursing Home Neglect and Elder Abuse
- The Financial Side of Being a Caregiver
- A Senior Living Neighborhood Can Be Life Transforming
- Management of Hypertension in Seniors | Best Practices
- How Utilizing A Hoyer Lift Is Actually Better For Patient Care
- Medical Alert Systems and In Home Care Can Combat Rising Healthcare Costs
- Sound Advice On How To Stay Young
- Medical Alert Systems and Signs Your Aging Parents Need Help: What you Need to Know
- Why Caregivers and Doctors Recommend Medical Alert Systems
- Medical Alert: Enabling Seniors to Connect Instantly to Caregivers
- How to Choose the Right Home Care for Your Loved One in Kansas City?